cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my Virgin package: how?

rkiley
Dialled in

My current Virgin contract is coming to an end, and if I do noting, the monthly bill will increase from £96 to £101.75 (M200 Fibre Broadband, Maxit TV, Talk More Anytime)

However, in the same email, Virgin inform me I can have exactly the same package (existing customer) for £93 (albeit agreeing to an 18 month contract).

I want to move to this new contract, by neither the web site or the apps allow this.  And when I phone I, (like everyone else) just get into an endless holding pattern.

Surely, for an IT company, changing to a new contract -- one they are suggesting -- should be as simple of clicking a button.

How do I change contracts, without spending a day on the phone? (Or, should I simply jump ship and move to a provider that actually provides a contact point for customers)?

Robert

4 REPLIES 4

Shafiq1
Joining in

Regarding u changing providers I would advise u stick with virgin since I have been with all the major providers and broadband and quality is terrible. Virgin customer service is great and is extremely cheap. I am getting a package with volt for under £30 and I get talk more anytime, 200mb broadband and 10GB o2 sim which is incredibly cheap . So I think it’s worth wasting an hour on the phone

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there rkiley, thanks for posting and sorry to hear the online package change does not work for you and you had a long wait time over the phone about this.

We'd be happy to help, however we do not deal with package changes over the forum.
Have you tried our WhatsApp service at +447305 327 112 or SMS at +44753 305 1809 where you can chat with our team and choose your new deal with us based on the offer you've got?

Let us know how you get on.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, the WhatsApp service worked well.  I managed to retain all my existing services, pay £14.00 a month less and not have to listen to an endless loop of poor sound quality music.  A result

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Rkiley, thanks for popping back to advise you've sorted this now.

Glad to hear you had no issues getting through to our helpful WhatsApp support, please feel free to get back to us in the future should you need any help or advice.
Happy to be of assistance.

Enjoy your new cheaper deal too 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs