cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Rolling Contract to Fixed Term Contract (Broadband)

Will_Ayliffe
Just joined

I am currently on a monthly rolling contract and paying £48.75 a month after initial 18month fixed contract of £28 monthly that ended in May last year. 

There are now 18month plans advertised at £24/month, many including free credit or vouchers.

When trying to use the Virgin Media website/My Account to look at how I can change or upgrade my plan all I get is a less than helpful 'OOPS this doesn't exist page'. (Frankly the whole website is a bit of a mess with plenty of these pages, 'bad requests' and broken links/dropdowns...)

Is there any way from changing from a rolling monthly contract back to a fixed term contract. Not necessarily at the new customer rate, but something cheaper than the double rate I'm paying now. 

Many thanks, 

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly there's no such thing as a fixed-term contract in UK telecoms - that would mean your services stop working when the contract "expires". What VM offer, in common with all other providers, are rolling contracts with minimum-terms in exchange for time-limited discounts.

The VM website has never been great for comparing promotional offers, and you are best off calling in to negotiate a package that suits. When you do so, make sure you have spent a bit of time researching your various options - and you are then most likely to come away with the best results. Any offer you are given by a VM agent is "of the moment" and you need to be prepared to accept any offer given, or restart the negotiation process at a later date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks