Menu
vlado_ned
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing address

Hi, last april i signed a contract with Virgin getting a package - Tivo, broadband and phone line. On 7th this month i moved to a new house and i called them to move the services, so i got send a NEW contract on my email for further 12 months where the same services cost from 29 to 48 pounds. I called them to change it, because i never had home phone installed and i watch movies and tv serials only from my amazon or netflix acc. , so actually i don`t need the tv package as well. So i called trying to change the package to broadband only, then explaining this i have been transferred 7 times , explaining the same every time, having to go through verification process again and again... Last person on the phone told me they will get in touch with me within 24 h. (this was monday), next day i got missed call while i was at work, when i tried to call back - it is automated answer which says i don`t need to call and they will call me back (no 2nd call at all). All this sucks, because the 14 days period ends at the end of the week, so i guess if they don`t solve this by then, i won`t be able to cancel it as well.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing address

Given your first contract was for all three services and you were still in its minimum contract period, you wouldn't have been able to drop two services without paying penalty charges.

0 Kudos
vlado_ned
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that`s fine, but i the contract is due to end march and i already paid this month, so why i have to signed a new contract, without been given the chance to choose a different package!? Because my plan was to go at the end of my current one and to make changes. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vlado_ned

Looking at this you're still within the right to change options period.

Additionally as part of the move it looks like the teams have offered a deal where you may be better off retaining the services?

If you do need to look into this again if you can get in touch with our teams they would be happy to help.

Let us know how you get on!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos