cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account holder if one hasn't got power of attorney

Kamariah
On our wavelength

Hi, I've had great difficulty trying to change the account holder's name from my mother's to mine (I've been paying for the services for as long as I can remember (at my home address), and she's been in a care home with vascular dementia for at least three years now.

There's no way she can respond to Virgin and I cannot remember her security answers.

Am I basically stuck until she dies? The only thing CS has done is direct me to a webpage for informing them when she's deceased.

I'm in no position to be able to afford power of attorney as am on benefits... 😞

And no, I can't get much sense out of customer support as they won't talk to me without my Mum's security answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sincerely saddened to read of your mother's illness and the difficulties resulting from Virgin Media.

Have you reported the critical illness to Virgin Media here 0800 952 2302; source: How do I change My Virgin Media account holder details?

Post back here if you are still having difficulties and hopefully the forum team will be able to assist to resolve the issue.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sincerely saddened to read of your mother's illness and the difficulties resulting from Virgin Media.

Have you reported the critical illness to Virgin Media here 0800 952 2302; source: How do I change My Virgin Media account holder details?

Post back here if you are still having difficulties and hopefully the forum team will be able to assist to resolve the issue.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes, as I've mentioned, I've made several (tiring) attempts over the years to get through to someone @ Virgin who is even remotely interested in helping, but they just give me the run around and I end up back at the beginning, having wasted several pointless hours achieving precisely nothing.

That's why I'm leaving Virgin as soon as I can, probably to BT's 'Essential Broadband' offer...

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond. 

Arigatou  

Hi there @Kamariah 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear about your Mum and the experience you have had with us. 

I understand that this must be an incredibly difficult time and I'm so sorry for an further difficulty that has been caused by this. 

It would be best to speak with our Bereavement and Critical Illness Team on 0800 952 2302 as they can look into this for you and help with the account. 

They are open between 8am and 8pm Monday - Friday and 9am and 5pm on Saturday's. 

Please do let us know if you do speak with the team and how this goes. 

Thank you very much again. 

Hi, I've spoken to them and it seems to have gone off OK, will have to wait and see what transpires (I've not got an email or postal confirmation as yet).

I was going to keep the account open for a while at least (as I'm on O2 so would get Volt benefits) - but with the prices going up to £27.50 (despite 18 month contract stating £25 until August 2022 - which I now realise didn't include inflation) and then £38 (!) for just 50Mb broadband, there's no way I can countenance that...

Hi Kamariah, 

Thanks for coming back to us here and updating us. 

I'm glad things seem to be sorted for you for now. If this isn't the case though, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs