Menu
Stocksyp
Just joined
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Changing Virgin account number.

So I was with Virgin and I moved house. They gave me a new account number but when I try to register my account for the house it tells me my user name is in use. 

How do I change my old 9 digit virgin account number to my new one so I can keep my email address login? The area ref is the same. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Virgin account number.

You shouldn't need to do so.

As part of the house move, Virgin Media should have made sure your My Virgin Media login works for your account, so you don't need to register again.

If this hasn't happened you'll need to call in so it can be fixed.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stocksyp and welcome the to community,

In this case @BenMcr is correct as your online account should have been carried through to your new address.

If you're still having trouble accessing your account, please feel free to drop me a private message with your details and I'll look into this for you.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Danver
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for revisiting an old post, I am a new member and I have the same challenge. I keep calling Virgin Media and their technical team don't appear to know how to de-link / remove my old account and add / link my new account to my email address!

According to their technical team, I need to register using a new email address. What if I don't want to use another address or I don't have another email address.

I moved home over a month ago and have kept my services with Virgin.

Is there no fix for this?

Regards,

Dan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dan, thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

In regards to this we'd need to look to see if the move and transfer has been processed properly in regards to moving the email address over.

I'll pop you over a private message now with some security questions so that I can investigate further, can you please respond to these by clicking the purple envelope in the top right?

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
sclarkson82
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Also having the same issue, moved house 2 1/2 months ago and still not resolved, fed up of ringing up now as no one seems to be able to sort it.

Annoying as you use this for virgin go, virgin media connect etc etc

I know this is an old post, but has anyone managed to get it sorted and how ??

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello sclarkson82, 

Welcome to our community forum, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm very sorry that you're also having the same problem and I have now sent you a private message so we can get this sorted out for you 

Best, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Claire182
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same issue. I spoke to someone on online chat last week and they said it would be sorted within 72 hours but it wasn't. I have tried calling today and I was left on hold for 15 minutes earlier and I have just tried again but on hold for 30 mins so gave up.

Please can someone help via PM as I really want to be able to view my new account online.

thanks

Claire

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Claire,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've also had difficulty accessing your online account. This should have been sorted for you as part of the moving process, but we can certainly take a look for you.

First of all, you would need to create a new MyVM account for your new account with a separate email address (you're welcome to create a new random one if you only have the one account usually). Once you've set this up, we can then transfer your old details to the new account.

Please let us know once you've registered online and we'll message you to clear security and work to get this moved over for you.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Claire182
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have tried setting up a new account and I get the error page 'We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.'.

All I want to do is access my account online so that I can change the direct debit account details.

Please let me know what I need to do as I would like to get this sorted before the next direct debit is due.

thanks

Claire

0 Kudos