cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Package Problems

hammersmith69
Tuning in

OK, so this has gone beyond a joke.

After a period of time on a reasonable rate for my broadband, TV and landline, I now need to change my package in order to avoid a massive price hike.

However, I cannot view the deals available to me on your website, because every time I click on the link to do that, I get an 'oops' page. And don't give me any c**p about this being a temporary glitch. It happens ALL THE TIME. And it's not a WiFi problem, because I'm on a wired connection using Virgin's goddamn broadband.

I have attempted the chat option but that transfers me to WhatsApp which isn't nearly as easy to use.

I have attempted to speak to people on the phone but they point me in the direction of packages that I am unable to see online, so I'm not 100% sure what I'm signing up for.

I was phoned by Virgin yesterday but I could not make out a word your representative was saying because the line sounded weirdly electronic and autotuned.

I am now convinced Virgin are trying to keep me on my current package in order to lock me into the price hike when it rises. Which, frankly, sounds criminal to me. I am now taking screengrabs and notes in case I have to raise this issue to a higher level.

Anyone from Virgin care to comment? Waits with bated breath.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This scenario is not uncommon on here - your package probably hasn't increased in price and very likely is the same cost as it always has been, but you have time-limited discounts that are expiring.

And the advice is going to be standard as well, you need to start doing some homework. Look at alternative providers for your chosen combination of services, and get prices.Now decide what you're willing to pay VM for your services and what you'd like to pay - call into retentions with the stated aim of achieving either a) A new package is agreed and you re-contract for 18months, b) You give cancellation notice there & then, and sign up with a new supplier.

if you are willing to cancel there & then, and make that clear to the agent you're talking to - you're likely to achieve the best result, and very likely option (a) can prevail. As for being "locked into a price hike", I'm afraid the opposite is true. Your discounts have expired but you can give 30days notice at any time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hammersmith69 thanks for your post here, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns in getting your package price reviewed.

Unfortunately, it's not possible at this stage to change your package online - this must be done by speaking to an agent either via WhatsApp or on the phone lines.

I'm afraid we don't support with package changes to be able to do this over here, but do you have any queries relating to the packages on offer and if so, we can advise further here?

Many thanks

Tom_W

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This scenario is not uncommon on here - your package probably hasn't increased in price and very likely is the same cost as it always has been, but you have time-limited discounts that are expiring.

And the advice is going to be standard as well, you need to start doing some homework. Look at alternative providers for your chosen combination of services, and get prices.Now decide what you're willing to pay VM for your services and what you'd like to pay - call into retentions with the stated aim of achieving either a) A new package is agreed and you re-contract for 18months, b) You give cancellation notice there & then, and sign up with a new supplier.

if you are willing to cancel there & then, and make that clear to the agent you're talking to - you're likely to achieve the best result, and very likely option (a) can prevail. As for being "locked into a price hike", I'm afraid the opposite is true. Your discounts have expired but you can give 30days notice at any time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks