cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Bundle, when will the change take place

garrym1234
On our wavelength

Hi

I recently changed my virgin package to a new one, this was Wednesday 26th Jan. When will I see the changer? I have gone from 350mb broadband to 1gig as part of the package.

I have recieved an email explaining the change in package but when checking the package details through the app it still tells me the old package info. I have checked my broadband speeds and they are same as before the changed of package.

Its 3 days later,  so when will my package change to the new package?

Thanks

Garry

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Garry,

Hub3 and under aren't capable of delivering 1gig.

Unless you have the hub4 then you will need to wait for a new hub to be sent out before the package and speed are upgraded.

Is there anything showing in My Virgin Media under tracking?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

I already have the hub4, I have also change my tv package and this hasnt changed either yet. Nothing under tracking but I have had the email confirming the change.

Does it usually take more than 3 days to change?

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Garry

I've moved your post to a new thread in the managing your account section as VM Staff don't usually monitor the natter section.

Usually if the regrade is processed over the phone and you have the correct equipment it's actioned straight away

Any other method requires an agent manually updating the systems - this may have been delayed due to the amount of customers calling due to impending price increases.

Also VM have had issues with their internal systems for the past 48 hours so may be unable to process it just yet.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Thanks for that. I changed it through the live chat feature on the website. I will give it a few more days to see what happens.

Thanks for your help

Garry

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Garry,

Thanks for the update.

If nothing's changed report back here and a member of the Forum Team may be able to check the account as see if it's been actioned correctly.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi

I have just got through to an agent in live chat and was informed that as I am upgrading to 360 once I receive the remotes and do the upgrade then my whole package will update. 

So I will just have to wait and see. I would of thought upgrading my v6 boxes to the 360 would have nothing to do the upgrade of the broadband but we will see once I receive the remotes.

Thanks

Garry

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Garry,

That makes total sense.

VM's systems are a mish mash from the old cable companies and don't follow normal logic. 

Because the V6's are changing from TIVO software to the Horizon interface they need new equipment (the 360 remotes) so the systems are unable to apply the speed upgrade until the V6's are updated.

As part of the software update of the V6's you will lose all your recordings so watch you can before the box updates. Hopefully you will find  alot of them in On Demand or catchup.

You'll also need to make a note of all your series links so you can set them up again on the 360. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks Dave you have been very helpful. Hopefully recieve the remotes the next day or so. 

Cheers

Garry

Hi garrym1234,

Thank you for your post. I'm glad to see newapollo was able t assist you further with your query. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance in the future. 

^Martin