cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change package without calling 150

brummieruss
Tuning in

Is there a way to circumvent the pain of triage we chat and 150 phone lines? All I want to do is change my package . I actually want to stay with VM but I think I’ve done my fair share of waiting on phone calls and mindless natural language chats with bots and probably pay top dollar as a customer. All I want to feel is that someone would actually pick up my requests and contact me? When did one way traffic from customer to supplier equal customer service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Sometimes there's an online chat option, but availability is patchy because VM are firmly stuck in 1997 and want customers to endure their miserable telephony.  Only other non-phone option is the very poor selection offered as possible upgrades in My Virgin Media, but sometimes nothing you want will show there, and that's only a handful of deals that VM want to push.

If it's a package change and/or and better pricing, you have to phone and go through the full retentions pantomime, If doing this, make sure that the numbers you are looking at for both competitors, and discussing with VM take account of the 7-9% price increases that the majority of companies are bringing in over the next few months.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Sometimes there's an online chat option, but availability is patchy because VM are firmly stuck in 1997 and want customers to endure their miserable telephony.  Only other non-phone option is the very poor selection offered as possible upgrades in My Virgin Media, but sometimes nothing you want will show there, and that's only a handful of deals that VM want to push.

If it's a package change and/or and better pricing, you have to phone and go through the full retentions pantomime, If doing this, make sure that the numbers you are looking at for both competitors, and discussing with VM take account of the 7-9% price increases that the majority of companies are bringing in over the next few months.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi brummieruss

If the offers available to you on your online account are not suitable, then the numbers you can call are 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809. Our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you. They will ensure that you're on the best possible deal for your package. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brummieruss 

To add to @Andrew-G 's comments.

Sometimes when you log into My Virgin Media you can see a chat messenger option where you can speak to regrades (after managing to get past the bot)

There's also a link on the following page contact-us/upgrades-and-offers/broadband-tv-phone but again as indicated by Andrew it's not always available as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you but I have to say having tried 150 and the SMS route my frustration radar has gone off the charts. Who designed the process flow of these systems? Zero sentiment and I worry that vulnerable people are completely lost when dealing with VM. I originally wanted to lower my package but now I’m going to cancel my contract. 

Hi @brummieruss,

I'm so sorry to hear that you feel this way. We have a great range of offers available to existing customers. If you would like to look at what we can do for you, please contact us and a member of our team will be able to make sure we get you everything you need.

You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here.

Cheers,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach

Thank you. You’re suggestions are also the problem. Contacting VM - and I don’t mean the Bot which IMHO is useless - is so hard. I like many others have jobs and other things to be getting on with and the countless hours wasted ‘in queue’ is frankly soul destroying.

I know you can’t fix it so I will try and find time to build up the fortitude to dial 150 again. I might get lucky this time 🙂

What offers available on your online account, I have never once had any offers or options available when I log into my online account.

On a good day the best I get is an error message, on a bad day it either says no options are available or the current one I get is I am on the top package for my account, which is garbage.

Also the current 18 month fixed priced contract I am on says it is fixed to £49, Virgin Media currently charges me £53 per month and shortly it will be going up by another £4.50. So much for being fixed for 18 months!!!

Of course I would be crucified by virgin if I was to try to change this contract, that does not appear to apply to Virgin.

Thanks for coming back to us @brummieruss.

Have you tried to speak to the team via text message or WhatsApp?

You can text us on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to us by WhatsApp.

The replies from both of these services aren't instant and will let you get on with your day.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi thank you

im logged onto my mobile account and do not see a WhatsApp option? I have been through the SMS route twice already and struggled to get anywhere. I seemed to flip from being in  queue to speak to someone and the triage bot popping back in till eventually ( last night was an hour ) I gave up. Triage needs to work like triage not keep asking the same questions because the humans are busy. 

im struggling like mad with all this. God knows how someone in a vulnerable situation deals with all this.

im going to give up for now and hope next week is better.