cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change package for cheaper ond

poppy13
On our wavelength

How do I get in touch with the retentions to see if I can get a cheaper package deal than the one I havve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @poppy13 

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @poppy13 

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey poppy13, thanks for posting on our help forum.

Sorry to see you could not a better price for your package, visit here for all you need to know about how to cancel.

Has the advice from newapollo above helped with your query?
Let us know if you have more questions or concerns, happy to advise.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs