Menu
Welshscouser
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Change of payment date

This is the scenario!

I call vm to change payment date due to becoming unemployed.  Refused to change it.  I cancel DD so I can pay in line with new payment date.  VM charge me late payment fee.  I miss one payment due to no funds.  I ring again to change date. Refused because I have arrears.  Consequently for the last 5 months I am paying an extra £10 so in reality I have cleared my arrears.  Being stuck in this never ending cycle because vm are so short sighted and non customer focused.  The result will be me cancelling all services with vm after over 20 years a customer.  Shame on you vm.  One last thing vm have a knack of offering to put you through to customer services and either put you on hold or cut you off.  Shameful business practices.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of payment date

Hi Welshscouser, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear of the situation, I can appreciate your frustration with what's happened.

Do you still need assistance with this? Let me know.

Kind regards,

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of payment date

Hi Welshscouser.

It's really difficult when customers get stuck in a loop of paying for the month before instead of the current bill as it does spark a trend of continuous late payment fees and charges which no one wants of course. Not even VM! 

The reason behind this is. You cannot change a DD debit date with VM unless you:

▪ Have a current and active DD with us 

▪ Have a fully up to date DD 

▪ Have nothing pending to be debited at the time you speak to VM to change this.

If you did have money owed then when you cancelled the pending DD you would have only had till the next bill date to pay that balance and set the new payment date once it was cleared.

Now you're in the loop and the only way out is to pay the two bills at once, set up a DD for the next bill and then when doing this at that same time request a cycle change.

This would generate a one off pro rata bill depending on which cycle you need to be into best match your DD due date preferred requirements.

Give them a ring if you haven't already on 150 like Alex said and if you can pay the current and previous bill together they can then sort all the rest out too.

It'll save you £120 A year so if it's possible it's worth doing.

Take care and 'pob lwc cariad'

Kaz 😊

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos