cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of contract

Rak1982
On our wavelength

Hi, hope someone can help.

Existing contract due to come to an end (end of Feb 2022). Contacted CS to see what they could offer.

I agreed to switching to a broadband and telephone package. I stayed clearly that this should happen after my existing contract ends. Unfortunately the new contract does not start until a few days after. Agreed to go without no internet/telephone for a few days.

This morning (05.02.2022) I noticed that my virgin media box wasn't working. Can you believe it. Virgin have cancelled my existing contract and started the new one.

This is not what I had requested and not what had been agreed. In addition to this, I'm charged an early cancellation fee. Why? As die to the price increase I am free to cancel my contract without a penalty charge.

I know do not have access to movies that have been recorded on the box, been switched to a contract before the agreed date, charged early penalty fee through no fault of my own. Oh and to top it off, ot took the advisor approx 5 hours to deal with my initial query via WhatsApp.

Are virgin media genuinely taking the Mick??

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can usually delay the transition from "current" to "new" contract for - IIRC - 30days. But you generally have to specifically ask for this, the default is for an immediate changeover.

You may be best placed calling into resolve this. WhatsApp and the other "chat" methods of communication aren't advertised or intended as real-time methods, calling in by phone is the only way to have a real-time conversation with VM. You can use 0345 4541111 from any working phpne - this is a landline call.

@Rak1982 wrote:

I know do not have access to movies that have been recorded on the box

You've not said what these recordings are, or more specifically, which channel, however... VM TV boxes aren't intended as an archiving service but a short-term time-shift facility. Once your TV subscription ends, then your rights to view recordings ends with it. Sky Cinema also has further restrictions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Rak1982, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue since negotiating your package with the teams. 

When you agreed to a new a package, the services would only end if that part of your previous package has been removed. It sounds as though you have decided to remove the TV service so therefore any recordings on the box would cease and no longer work. 

In terms of early disconnection feed being waived due to the price rise, this is only where cancelling your services with a full 30 days notice.

We're not able to help with package changes via the Community so to get things resolved, you will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They will be able to reinstate the previous package for you and then arrange for the new package to start from the correct date. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs