cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant remove tv and phone from my package

mick6390
Joining in

I've had broadband tv and phone with virgin for over 20 years I rang virgin media to remove TV and phone as the price keeps going up and I don't use them but was told they could not do this and I could only downgrade my service which would cost £65 a month I'm paying £68.70 at the moment.

Is there no way I can just keep my broadband or do I have to cancel everything and move to another broadband provider ? 

hope to get reply soon as I will need to get a phone socket installed asap for new provider.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Removing the landline is often counterproductive as it attracts bundle discounts that often outweigh the cost of the service - so you can pay more without it than you do with.

Removing TV shouldn't be a problem, although it may be worth pricing up a drop down to the (Freeview-equivalent) Mixit bundle whilst retaining your STB's recording facilities.

Either way, the change can't be done via this forum and you'll need to call in via the usual number to action any alteration to your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mick6390,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your current package of services and are struggling to get a deal you're happy with. If you do want to just have broadband services with us then you can do so, but if you're midway through an agreed term then there would be an early disconnection fee to consider.

As we are unable to perform package changes from here on the forums - which includes upgrades, downgrades and cancellations - it'd be best to speak with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can outline your options for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for the reply when I spoke to the call center yesterday they said I could not have broadband only that is why I was asking here don't think there will be a disconnect fee as I've been on same contract for 20 years.

Will try retention team next before leaving

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My previous reply assumed that you are out of contract for all your services, and if you're not - then early-termination-fees are indeed a consideration.

Broadband is available as a solus product, but there's no multi-buy discounts available - again, another consideration to bear in mind.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks