cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register for Virgin media account

bmwtouring
Tuning in

Can anyone help with sign up to virgin media account as it keeps on coming up with def01 error or will not accept any password. Any help gratefully accepted.

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @bmwtouring, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to register for a new self-care account

Can you please confirm if you've been able to give an alternative browser a try?

Have you also been able to clear cache on the browser that you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you for your reply. Yes, tried on various browsers, different phones and a pc all with cleared caches.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bmwtouring,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue with your online account. Can you tell us if you're able to register for an online account via the App? Has this helped?

If it is the password you're having an issue with, please follow these steps to see if the system will accept your password:

• Try a different password, as things that are too easy to guess will not be allowed
  • No special characters
  • Only letters and numbers allowed
  • Password must begin with a letter
  • Password must be between 8-10 characters.

Please let us know if this helped with your issue and keep us updated on this if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When I try to sign in with the forgotten password link I get this message "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media"  I have used the email I signed up with and virgin have sent details of new contract to that address. 😞

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bmwtouring,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing account issue. Sorry to hear that this is the error message you're seeing. 

Can you please try registering through the following links to see if they work:

Let me know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply. Both links came up with "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again. Even going through the forgotten email and password links all I get is "We haven't been able to find your details with the information you have provided" Is there a way of clearing my email address and starting again?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bmwtouring,

Just to confirm, have you been installed at your property? You wont be able to create a My Virgin Media account, just yet, if you haven't had your services installed and activated.

The error you're receiving means that we have no record of any account being created with your email, so we would have no way of clearing this as it wouldn't exist in our database. Please try to re-register as normal using the links below. 

You can register here or here.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you Reece, that could be why I am having problems, My equipment is not being set up till July. I will wait till then.

Thank you all for your assistance 👍

We will pass on your thanks to Reece for you bmwtouring,

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel and we'll be happy to assist. 

Kind regards Jodi.