cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register a Virgin Account

Mike_INV
Tuning in

Hello,

I am a brand new customer to virgin. I am going through what seems like a very common issue. I can't use my email address that is linked to my account to create a virgin media account. To begin at the "to create an account a page" I'm told my account already exists, then when trying to reset my password (which I haven't made yet) it tells me no account exists linked to my email. This is a frustrating loop that cannot be passed.

I have been on the phone with customer service many times over the course of a week, various calls dropped and nothing but apologies and apparent escalations with zero progress.

I would much prefer correspondence over e-mail to avoid needless waiting on calls with very poor connection. It really is the absolute worst way for a customer to be treated when joining a service. How something as simple as registering an account can be this difficult is beyond me. I am not looking forward to dealing with the company over the length of the contract. I will absolutely be switching provider as soon as better services are available in our area.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mike_INV,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, sorry to hear you are facing issues trying to set up an online account due to the message advising you have already registered, this can happen if the Email address has been registered on a previous account, can you try a different Email, once set up you can go in and change it to the preferred Email.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I've tried different emails with no luck, I've also never had any type of virgin account previously. It's clearly a very common issue. Any other advice?

Many thanks,

Mike

Hi @Mike_INV

Thank you for your response.

I have taken a look at things from our end and can see a ticket was raised internally which is now showing as resolved.

Have you tried to register again since midday?

If so and you are still getting an error, could you kindly screen shot this and post it here?

Please pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vicky,

I have no idea why that was shown as resolved, it isn't. I've still yet to have any contact from any technical support, only calls that are dropped and agents I've been able to get through to can't help.

See attached screen shots for what I'm typically seeing when trying to create an account.

Cheers,

Mike

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 11.27.45.pngScreenshot 2022-04-08 at 19.17.24.pngScreenshot 2022-04-08 at 19.16.45.png

Hi @Mike_INV,

I am very sorry to hear that you seem to be continuing to have this issue. So that I can take a closer look for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!