cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get through

Jammy20gem
Tuning in

Im trying to call VM today. I get tk the point where the music stops and i can hear a rustling sound and then the call is terminated. I am speaking, pleading for someone to answer but the call keeps getting dropped its so frustrating and making my anxiety go through the roof. 

I want to discuss my account and my options but also i dont know what my security answer is either. 

I just need to speak with someone 

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewJP
On our wavelength

I have tried numerous times now. Sometimes it’s engaged when I first ring, sometimes it doesn’t answer and I don’t even get the first automated message. On two occasions I got to speak to someone then it went dead.

I’ve tried from my landline and two mobiles.

It’s not just you.

• Its a joke, and i know someone has picked up on the otherside. Last resort is to cancel my direct debit, and then may be someone may talk then

AndrewJP
On our wavelength

I’m currently in the process of getting a complaint resolved and I need to speak to someone to get a service added. Because of the nature of the complaint resolution, it can’t be done any way other than by speaking to a human.

Yesterday, I was in the process of doing it when the line went dead. I tried later, and I was met we a message to call after 2 pm (yesterday). I did that, and it was now 4 pm, and then after 4pm, it was tomorrow. I phoned today, and on about the 5th attempt I got through, then got cut off again. Now it’s saying phone after 12:00 pm if it’s not urgent.

Tried the chat, but that’s got “unprecedented wait times”, and even though I’m logged in to the web site, it’s asking me inconvineint security questions that would require me to check bank statements. Why can’t it use the same question as the phone? Why does it need that at all given I’m logged in to the site?

I just want to get what I’ve been promised!

But let’s be positive, at least they know and will be working on it. Let’s hope they have more success this time!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jammy20gem wrote:
Last resort is to cancel my direct debit, and then may be someone may talk then

I very much doubt it. VM's automated payment processing systems don't result in agents calling you to query missed payments.

They do result in missed payment charges, then suspended services, and eventually entries on your credit file - which can cause you problems for years to come.

Outbound calls are not on the list of predictable outcomes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Jammy20gem

Sorry to hear of the problems and frustration's getting to speak to a member of the team, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We aren't able to make any changes via the forums but we can see from our systems you have been able to speak to the team since posting, there appears to have been some system issues and a call back has been arrnaged to discuss this further.

Please keep us up to date with this.

Rob