Cant get VOLT if your on a virgin media discount

AMCross
On our wavelength

as per the title anyone else been told this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stoo13
On our wavelength

I used the online chat yesterday evening to ask about about upgrading to Ultimate Volt, currently on Ultimate Oomph with a discount (£99pm) until December 2022. They quoted £110pm and a £35 setup fee. I declined as wasn't willing to pay more or the setup fee.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

stoo13
On our wavelength

I used the online chat yesterday evening to ask about about upgrading to Ultimate Volt, currently on Ultimate Oomph with a discount (£99pm) until December 2022. They quoted £110pm and a £35 setup fee. I declined as wasn't willing to pay more or the setup fee.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AMCross,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Unfortunately, this is correct. You would have to re-contract with us to get the Volt benefits.

We are unable to deal with account upgrades from our community forums, so we would advise to call our team on 150/0345 454 1111 or message us on 0753 305 1809. Our team can assist you further.

For more information about our VOLT deals click the link here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

AMCross
On our wavelength

Why not put that as part of terms and conditions then 🙂

Seems neither o2 or Virgin know how this works been on web chat to both sides and even into stores all different opinions and NOT once was this mentioned

Thank you for your response @AMCross.

Sorry to hear that you feel this way regarding Volt. You can find out all you need to know regarding this here https://www.virginmediao2.co.uk/?buspart=uk_ps_cus_cable_GOOGLE_Cable_Cus_Brand_JVCO_Phrase_Brand_JV...

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AMCross
On our wavelength

was that a copy and paste response 

which part says in contract with discount you dont get the speed increase

That's simply not true that you can't have Volt if you have a loyalty discount.

For one, that is not even mentioned in the small print as a stated exception in the legal terms.

If you are in contract, you can change your package as you are still keeping a contract and not cancelling. If outside you are normally better to re-negotiate a change as often newer pricing which works out better than some of the old packages.

My advice, ring 150 and speak to retentions via "Leaving Virgin option". They are more clued up on what can and can't be done. I suggest being civil as they are just doing their job and what the computer system allows, and often get rude people demanding things.

As unisoft said, the Volt terms and conditions are tucked right at the bottom of the general T @ C's, and no mention of not getting if on a discount or existing package. Just clearly states you will get a speed increase to next level which could take up to 14 days.

agree with both of you spoke to CS a girl in manchester last night who laughed when i said what i was being told on here

and then today o2 upgraded my data packages and virgin have done the same

makes you wonder who runs these companies as CS isnt their strong point

thanks guys for the replies