cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant find my account details

Redders2149
Joining in

Hi Guys

I'm pulling my hair out at the minute, can anyone help?

I want to access my account but don't know my username, account number or area code.  Although I receive certain from Virgin emails to one of my email addresses no e bills go there so I'm going around in circles.  I obviously know my address, my monthly payments (by looking at my bank) and the transaction number.  I've even tried calling but it goes around and around in circles without the ability to speak with someone.

How can I get this information?

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Redders2149 

If  you look at the VM payment on your bank account statement you will see the VM account number listed (there may be a dozen numbers there but it's the first nine that you need)

If you know your online security password (memorable word) then you should be able to call up and speak to CS so they can help you. If you dont know the password then ignore any prompts to press numbers, go to online help etc and an agent should pick up the call. Have your account number handy along with your bank and payment details.

Or a member of the forum team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Many Thanks, really appreciate your help.  So It look like I need to provide my name, account number and are ref, what is that?  Nottingham NG3 is my postcode but no idea how that translates to an area code, do you?

Many Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Redders2149 

Do you still have your welcome email or paper documention from when you first joined?

This will contain your account area number. It may also contain your security (telephone) password.

If not a member of the Forum Team should be able to provide you with your area number, and hopefully the rest of the info you need but it may be a couple of days before they pick this up.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks again

I don't unfortunately, was about 6 years ago.  I'm struggling to understand why I receive emails to one address but not e-bills.

Should I ask the code question in another part of the forum?

Cheers

Do you get email notifications each month when your direct debit for the monthly VM bill is about to go out? If so, can you access those? At the bottom of those emails, mine shows acct no. and area no. and payment ref.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Redders2149,

This is the correct forum to get the information you need, so you don't need to post again. In fact each post you make moves you further down the queue to be picked up by Forum Staff.

It's very likely that when you set up your My Virgin Media account that you entered a different contact email address to the account address so the e-bills go to one you aren't monitoring for mail from VM.  It's also possible that your email is marking VM messages as spam so they may be in your junk/spam folder.

Oh, in mesage 4 on this thread you've marked my post as a Helpful Answer.  Please click on that post and Options > Unmark as Helpful Answer.

That way Forum Staff shoul still check this thread as your problem still needs solving.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi

No, only promotional email, nothing in spam either so they must be going to an old address.  Id love it if I could just speak to someone 😏

Wait for a VM forum team member to reply on here within a day or two and they will then help you via a private message.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Redders2149

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the online log in. I'll send you a PM now to help sort this out 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill