cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot switch to e-billing

FrancesHinden
Joining in

I recently had to take over our household account from my husband who is critically ill.  This had the side-effect of changing me back to paper billing.  I have changed all the account details to my name, email address etc and can now log in to MyVirginMedia but I cannot switch to e-billing.

The instructions say to log into my virgin media and click on 'My Profile' at the top of the page.  That doesn't exist.  Under 'my account details' it says communication preference ebills/email/text .

On the 12th November I spent nearly seven hours on hold over WhatsApp to Virgin Media support but eventually they confirmed "I have gone ahead & get your account updated to e-Bill from my end."

But I have just received paper bill with a £1.75 charge

I can't face another 7 hours on hold, but I can see other threads on this forum with exactly the same problem. However nowhere can I see how to solve it (they finish with 'I will send you a private message').

Why do the instructions simply not work?  There is just no 'my profile' to tick, whether I log on through my laptop or my phone.

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FrancesHinden, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting to let us know about your issues switching to E-billing. 

Sorry to hear about your husband, and that you have been unable to swap to e-billing via 👉 My VM or Via WhatsApp (📲 +447305 327 112 ). You should usually be able to update this yourself via My VM. We would need to have a little look into the account to see why the change is not working for you, and so to do so will need to send you a PM and confirm a few account details. Once we have identified and fixed the issue, we can return to this public thread with an update. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hi All, just returning to update the public thread. 

Thanks to FrancesHinden for PMing with me and confirming their account details. I have been able to update their preferences to E-billing via our systems so the paper billing charges should no longer apply moving forward. 
Please do get back in touch if this is not the case for your next bill and I will investigate, and offer further support (Including getting any incorrect paper billing charges removed if needed.)

Thank you for your patience whilst this was sorted! 
All the best. 

Molly