cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register my VM account

KwanFG
Joining in

Hi, 

I could not register my VM account due to 'You can't use that password. Please choose another'.  I tried all possible ways even using Safari strong password and password suggestion given by other forum members, didn't help.

G

* Why don't VM use the same password checking as the one here when I was registering to join this forum

11 REPLIES 11

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey KwanFG, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry you are having some issues signing up online.

I have some tips here for you. 

Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. 

Simpler the better, please do keep me updated on this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

thanks for your reply.

still won’t pass, as simple as this one 

Jxm67dr29k

Anymore hints?

G

Thanks for coming back to us KwanFG,

We appreciate you trying several different passwords. Can we ask if you are able to register using an alternative email address? 

If so can you let us know if you experience the same issue again with the password.

If the problem persist, please come back to us and we will pop you over a private message to see if we're able to register for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

thanks for replying. 

I have tried two different emails, one of them is gmail. And it still rejects my password. 

please help. 

thanks

G

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing KwanFG. Do you get the same error across all of the email addresses? Can you ensure it meets the follow please:

Must start with a letter.
 Be between 8-10 characters.
 Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.
 Contain at least one number.
 No special characters.

Also, can you try via a different browser?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying.

I did follow your recommended password hints, I tried something like Jxm67dr29k. No luck.

I did them in Mac OS Safari, Mac OS Opera, iPad OS Safari, Windows Server I/E, Windows Server Firefox.  All failed with the same message " You can't use that password. Please choose another. ".  Same error for 2 emails addresses.

Please help.

G

Hi @KwanFG,

I'm very sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. What device are you using to try and register? Is it possible to try a different device if you haven't already done so?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I have already tried it on 4 different devices; MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPad, Windows Server, with different browsers, all failed.

Is there any other way to create this account, I mean, can I go to a 'shop (VM)' to do it instead? it is very frustrating 😞 

Please help.

G

Hi @KwanFG,

Thank you for clarifying. Have you also tried clearing the cache and cookies and trying again after the error has appeared?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!