cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register My Virgin Media account - ...details entered are incorrect...

KenV
Tuning in

I've not been able to register for an account since being setup, i'm connected and everything works fine but it won't let me create an account.

Says "The details you have entered are incorrect, please check and try again"

I've entered my last name, account number and area code as per my contract...

Please can someone get back to me with this, as i understand there is something that needs to be done on your side.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi KenV, 

Thanks for popping back here to update things. 

I'll be happy to take a look at things but I will need to first pass through security with you. In order to do this I will need some information from you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hi KenV, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply via Private Message to confirm all is sorted now 🙂

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

For any one else reading the thread that may be looking for a solution, if you have a more than one surname or a middle name showing on your contract such as Mr Albert Bernard Collins then if registering the surname as Collins doesn't work try Bernard Collins. Hope that makes sense 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello KenV

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to the issues experienced registering for the My Virgin Media account, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm how long the service has been active for please? The reason we ask is it can take a couple of days for everything to update and to allow you to register for your online account. If it has been over two or three days, please let us know and we'll be happy to look into this to ensure all of the information is correct to allow you to register.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob, it was setup on the 26th so I'll give it a few days and try again like you said.

I'll update depending on the outcome!

Brilliant, please do KenV and if you need us to help with this further just let us know.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I've been trying for the last few days and again tonight and I'm still getting the "details are incorrect" message.

Not sure what's wrong as the details I've entered are as per my contract so it can't be wrong?

Please help!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KenV,

One thing that sometimes prevents the registration is the length of your account number.

VM systems expect 9 numbers, although some account numbers are only 8 digits in length.

If that applies to you then precede the account number with a leading zero eg 012345678

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

My Account number is 9 digits long so I don't think it's that.

Hi KenV, 

Thanks for popping back here to update things. 

I'll be happy to take a look at things but I will need to first pass through security with you. In order to do this I will need some information from you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi KenV, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply via Private Message to confirm all is sorted now 🙂

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

For any one else reading the thread that may be looking for a solution, if you have a more than one surname or a middle name showing on your contract such as Mr Albert Bernard Collins then if registering the surname as Collins doesn't work try Bernard Collins. Hope that makes sense 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F,

I am experiencing the same issue but do not have more than one surname.

I have just received my welcome email that tells me to register for My Virgin media with my surname, account number and area ref.

My installation date isn't until 20th April but the Virgin Media website states "You can register for My Virgin Media once you receive your welcome email, 2-3 days after placing your order. Your account number and area reference are on this welcome email or on your monthly bill."

The welcome email also gives me the option to reschedule my installation date if I'd like by registering for My Virgin Media (I don't want to reschedule).

Can you please confirm whether it is possible to set up an online account now that I have received my welcome email or do I need to wait until after installation?

Thanks
Ashley