cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to my virgin media account

Aizen
Joining in

Hi

When i try to login to my Virgin media account via the website it accepts the username and password but then hangs on the logging in screen. I have tried chrome as well as opera but the same issue.

I have always been able to access my account but it has been several months since i last logged on.

Could  someone advise?

13 REPLIES 13

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Aizen, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you have been having issues with accessing your online account. This certainly seems odd 🤔 Have you been able to try clearing the cookies and cache or try this on a private browser to see if you get the same issue? Also, is the same on all devices?

Let us know, we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Aizen
Joining in

Hi Nathan

I have tried using 4 different browsers , one freshly installed and still the same problem.

I was able to log in successfully on my PS4 via its browser.

Does the myvirginmedia website require a specific plugin/add on to work on the PC?

I am using a windows laptop

Regards

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Aizen. 

The website should not need any additional add on's in order to work for you. 

As it has worked on your console, can you also try logging in via your mobile device on a browser? 

If this works, please let us know and we could look in to the issues only occurring when using the laptop. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Aizen
Joining in

Hi Natalie

I tried to login on my desktop PC on both firefox and opera and was able to do so.

The one difference i noted was that i was asked to verify my login by selecting the correct images on the desktop.

The laptop never asks for this and simply hangs on the logging in screen.after accepting the email and password

Regards

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Aizen, are you using the latest versions of your browser?

Also are you able to share a screenshot of the issues?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Aizen
Joining in

login.jpg

Hi Steven

Firefox is fully updated,same issue occurs only on laptop not desktop.i have provided a screenshot.

Hi @Aizen,

Thank you for that. So, just to confirm, the issue only appears to occur on one specific device, regardless of which browser you choose to use and also after clearing cache and cookies?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Aizen
Joining in

Hi Zach

Yes only on the laptop can i not login regardless of the browser even if i clear the cache and cookies. I tried using the latest firefox build.

I can login on the desktop PC or even my ps4 via its own browser

Regards

Hi @Aizen thanks for your reply.

Okay, so if it is limited to your laptop then it is a device issue unfortunately, as this would be replicated on all devices if it was down to our network or website.

Is your laptop all up to date in terms of its software and drivers? 

Many thanks

Tom_W