cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to Virgin Media, cannot reset password, have talked to several operators, none resolve it

csh69
Tuning in

Hi,

In September my account was transferred from my wife being the main account to mine being the main one. Since then I could log in but could not see any of my bills.

I raised that issue, but it was not resolved. Instead a few weeks ago both accounts stopped working entirely (my emails are still working using the same email address and password).

If I try and login I get:

csh69_0-1686132522429.png

If I try and reset my password I get a different response on different days:

csh69_1-1686132522431.png

Or a message asking me to make sure that I am using the email address that I registered with Virgin…I’ve had the same email address for over 20 years.

I called up again and it took about 40 minutes of them telling me there was nothing wrong with my account and then telling me that it was a known problem that will be fixed in the next 24 hours.

It's two weeks later. I cannot get anyone to accept that this is not some ‘known’ problem, but something very specific to my account, and quite possibly related to the switch of main accounts in September 2022.

I'm hoping someone here can help me!

NOTE: I have used several browsers, I even installed Opera to try it from a completely fresh browser...all behave the same

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @csh69 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to gain access to the My Virgin Media online account. 

If you did not receive billing for the new account in your name, it sounds as if the merge of the My Virgin Media log in details was not completed for the new account and as such has now closed as the older account is deactivating. 

Are you able to try to see if you can register your new account details for your own My Virgin Media log in? You would have a different account number than the previous account in your wife's name. 

Please try registering here and let me know if you have any further issues at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

csh69
Tuning in

Nope, It's not a new account, I've had the same account for over 20 years, all that changed was the person who was the main user. Also, as I said I had been logging on okay until a few weeks ago.
I've been around so long in fact that I have an old ntlworld.com email address (which I would gladly replace if need be). Attempting to register gives me this message:

csh69_0-1686148803084.png

My emails have never stopped working in the 20-odd years I've been a customer. They still work now.

Also, I get the emails telling me my bill is ready with a link to the site....even when I could log onto the site the bills did not appear on the site. It had the very first bill back in September and showed no bills after that...the inability to log in is a new feature

csh69
Tuning in

Although you may have a point, my account number is 1 number out from when my wife had the account, i.e. mine ends *102 and wife's ended *101. Otherwise they are identical. Not that that matters because I can't register with an ntlworld email address anyway.

Thanks for trying that @csh69 

Yes, even though at your side the account seems to be the same, bar the account numbers ending differently. At our side they are very much different accounts altogether. 

It could be that the account log in for the older account has remained active and has been 'missed' when deactivating and has now since been deactivated as it connects to another account. 

We can certainly take a look at our side to see what needs to be addressed for you to have access to the online account. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me csh69, your email accounts are both in the process of being migrated over to your new account, I can see them on the new account but it appears they haven't fully come across yet, it can take up to 24 hours from the emails to fully migrate to your new account. Please can you monitor them the rest of the evening and if they aren't working in the morning. Please come back to me and we can get this raised with our support team, if needed.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Apologies, I completely missed this last message, but to be honest, I'm fed up with the back and forth and not getting anywhere. You have all my details, all my information. My account(s) old and new are completely under your control.
The fact that you still need to 'locate my account', and I've passed your account security more than a dozen times trying to get this resolved, is a little crazy. You should as a business, be able to fix a single email address. I don't need anything else associated with the old account, just the email. I don't care if it's reset and I need a new password. I just want the email address that I've had for 25 years to work. I don't even mind if all it does it redirect to a new email address. Everything else on my new Virgin account works, my wife's email works.

I only ever use Virgin it for the TIVO box and occasionally BT Sport and it costs far too much for a landline I barely use. Once I have all my main accounts transferred over to a new email address, which I am now going to start to do then I can move on.
Thank you to all the people, such as yourselves here on this community board, who have really tried to help, but honestly even you lot must be fed up with your 'technical' team failing to solve the problem, and giving weak excuses as the reason. I think the problem is that you have the front-desk support following set processes on how to fix thing. You need to get someone who actually knows the systems and how they work and get them to fix the problem.

Regards,

Chris

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris 👋

Thanks for reaching back out regarding this issue. 

I appreciate the frustration in regard to our processes and the delay in getting this problem resolved. Please be aware, that for security purposes, we are required to verify your account details, to ensure we're speaking with the right person, regardless of how many times it has been cleared before.

In addition, due to the confidentiality and security that we need to maintain for email services, we cannot just make changes without clearing this security and our IT Teams may contact you to clear the same security processes.

I've reviewed the ticket that was raised when you last spoke with Steven, and I can see that this has been closed and our team have identified that the issue is now resolved. For clarity, are you still experiencing problems accessing the Mailbox? If so, is it the same error you had originally?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

If I try to get to my account from MyVirginMedia I get:

csh69_0-1697875061084.png

For your information that is still what I get when I try and login. My email was still working on the PC and my Phone. Now it only works on the phone. It is disappointing after 25 years with the same email account that I am now changing all my logins with other companies to use another email address, so I can cancel this account.

I thought fixing an email address would be a simple thing, but not for Virgin it seems.

Just to avoid confusion my login email address is removed  but the email address that no longer seems to work properly is removed

As for fixing it, really don't even try, it will just lead to more disappointment.

The system has now told me it's time to Renew my Contract. When I press the button it comes up with an error....I think that's trying to tell me something.

As for validating my account, I've done it so many times that you must now know that the person writing here now is the same person who holds the account details above. Even then it doesn't really matter, but the email doesn't work properly regardless of who I am. Maybe if Virgin concentrated on fixing that rather than deciding if I'm the right person to report it, then maybe you'd have happier customers.

I know none if this is your doing personally, so please accept my apologies if I have appeared rude at all

Regards,

Chris.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]