cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get a straight answer from anyone.

BKZ2457
Dialled in

I am on the old package [Big Kahuna] and out of contract.

It seems its  now called Maxit TV [and i have an extra V6 box], M250 Broadband and Talk more International phone package.

All i want to know is, if i get rid of the tv package and the extra how much will i save?

I am paying £110.44 atm and of course its going up.

13 REPLIES 13

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BKZ2457,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get an answer to this. It really all depends on your package and what type of discounts/offers we have available. I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to give you a definite answer.

We are unable to assist with package changes from here, however we'd like to look into this for you. Please either give us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or drop us a text on Whatsapp (+447305 327 112) and our team can look into your account and assist you further.

Let us know how you get on.

Beth

I did ring up, couldn't get a straight answer. If my package is £110 pm, it should be easy for someone to say, well your tv is lets say £45 of that so its £110 minus £45.

Maybe i should just cancel it and i'm thinking of getting rid of the phone too, the only thing i use is the broadband. 

I'm really just waiting for Amazon to take on the Moto GP in July as all i watch is that and Eurosport and Amazon will do the lot for considerably less.

Hi BKZ2457,

I am sorry to hear your experience calling us again wasn't any better. As advised it does all depend on your specific package, along with what discounts you have applied. Some discounts are only compatible with certain package combinations, and so removing a service can also remove a discount. However this would have been something the agent could go through with you and discuss all of your available options. 

Kind regards

Beth

It seems to me that its weighted in VMs favour to stop you removing a package.

If what the guy tried to explain is true, the tv package must be almost free to make sure its not worth my while to remove it, this seems to be why any definite answer is unobtainable and why when you check your bill it doesn't itemise what you pay for each service.

Rather than get fed a load of guff i think i may cancel the lot and just see what standalone broadband deals there are, I'd sooner stay with VM but it seems i may have to rethink that as well. 

Hi @BKZ2457 

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience.

The team will always try their best to tailor your package to suit your needs when you contact them, I'm sorry to hear you feel this hasn't been good enough.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, sadly it still doesn't help me. 

Hi @BKZ2457 

Thanks for your response

If you contact the team as advised on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and let them know exactly what you want from your package they'll be able to provide you with a quote?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Its like pulling hens teeth. I didn't ask for a discount but was offered £6 off my monthly bill, That of course gets wiped out by the upcoming price increase so not much use anyway.

When I got put through to someone else after a lot of "examination" of my bill the best that could be done was £48pm for the 264mbps that i'm on now.

Which makes me wonder why for new customers its;

264Mbps     £15 for 6 months    Then £33 a month

Your Virgin Media Price;     £15 a month† for 6 months  Price from month 7 currently £33 a month

So i'm still paying 50% more for being an old customer [for about 25 years], that seems really fair and of course its a pain trying to become a "new" customer.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BKZ2457,

Thank you for your update on your thread.

I am so sorry to hear you feel this way. All of our customers would have benefitted from a new customer deal when they join. We will always try to give the best deal available.

Zoie