Menu
Monasterysu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot create online account/turn off child lock

We had VM broadband installed in August. My daughter uses the internet

Engineer didnt bother to tell us about child lock.

2 days later, found certain sites were child locked.

Tried to create an online account, go through all the creation forms, get to the turn off child lock bit, change them to off, click continue, receive an error message:

Capture.JPG

I used web chat, who said they could turn off child lock (takes 24 hours to process), but would have to speak to phone team to sort the online account problem.

I called the team who said "we are aware of this, we have escalated this it will take 72 hours". I asked them to call my daughter when it was done as she is the one using the internet, this has never happened. She does not live with me full time so it makes it difficult to rectify/test issues with the internet

Well it is now a month since broadband was installed, I still cannot create an online account despite it emailing to say "i have turned child lock off", well it really isn't.

I am unwilling to sit on the phone line for another 2+ hours like last time, we've waited a month....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create online account/turn off child lock

Hi Monasterysu,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to set up an online account and remove child safe,

I have looked into this myself , I have raised an I T ticket to get this resolved, the reference number is P009554534.

Once I get a message to say resolved I will get back to you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Monasterysu
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting for a response, it's been another month. I STILL CANNOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT, and yet I'm paying VM monthly for something I cannot access...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monasterysu,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry it's took a while, I have received a mail via yout ticket advising you should now be able to register.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Monasterysu
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And the answer to that is no... still same error message

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monasterysu,

I would like to look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, Please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Monasterysu
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry as I accessed the post from my emails I have sent the PM separately to your "invite link"

0 Kudos