Menu
TR5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot create an account

I signed up on the 10th Sept to join Virgin Media for Broadband and phone, and since then have been encouraged (by email) to create my account.

However, many efforts have been made to do so, but it will never verify my email address, even though it has been checked, I have spoken to customer care team, etc., etc..

All I get when trying to verify if, "Ooops, There is a technical issue and we are unable to verify your email at this time." Been like this since day one, and no help so far in rectifying!

I left Talktalk as I am fed up with the very poor customer service, the outages, the rudeness, etc.... I hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

My installation date is 25th Sept.

0 Kudos
TR5
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create an account

Virgin confirm.pngScreenshot of result trying to confirm account

0 Kudos
TR5
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is the point of Community, if you can't get an answer in a reasonable time?

I had the fibre installation today, and now have 3 issues:-

1. The telephone has not ported to the fibre, so still works on the BT socket....

2. The broadband (Vivid 100) is more like poultry 1.75mbps to 25mbps - and is all over the show when doing a speedtest.

3. And it still won't let me confirm my email address for creating My Account.

Out of the frying pan (Talktalk) and into the fire (Virgin)....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to contact the team TR5.

The community forum cannot arrange a port for you if this has not competed.

Ports do take 7-10 days to arrange so if you've set this up and it's been less than that time it may be that it hasn't happened yet but it's pending. 

Care can advise via 150 if you have a dial tone in the VM socket and call using that line. Or 0345 454 1111 if not.

They can also arrange the port, look into the Broadband speed issues and flag your MY VM account registration issue to IT as it looks like they will need to fix this for you. 

Hope this helps.

Kaz 😊

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
TR5
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, and thank you.

My wifi went off earlier today for about two hours, and when it came back on the telephone now works. It has a different dialling tone, but I guess this is because it is VOIP. The installations engineer told me it usually takes 10 mins, but occasionally an hour or so. He was supposed to call back an hour or so later to check if all working, but didn't show. I'm not sure he fully knew what he was doing, as he fitted the wrong box without a mains connection initially, and had to change it. He seemed very vague on the poor internet speed, and said it would get better in an hour or two!!

My Wifi is very erratic, and I now have an engineer booked for next Monday. Virgin have identified that there is an installation fault somewhere.

I spent a lot of time today again with chat, with the care team, with billing (£50 incentive offered and not added), and with Technical to try and sort out the log-in problems, and it is not resolved, as they were unable to do so either. It has been elevated to the I.T. team, and I've been told it could take some time to resolve, but at least it is hopefully being sorted - eventually.

Just hope the erratic internet speed is sorted quickly and efficiently - it can be anything from 107mbps down to 0.55mbps within seconds. It's up and down quicker than the lifts in Harrods!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to see some of the issues are sorted and the others are in progress 😁

I do love that Harrods analogy too 😉

Good luck with the IT ticket and the tech visit.

Kaz 😊

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos