cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change email login for a secondary account

hexcaliber
On our wavelength

I am running in to the same problem others have reported elsewhere, when trying to change the email password for a secondary login. Because no security questions were set up for this account, it is impossible to proceed with a password reset.

My father uses one of the secondary accounts for his email. Recently his old lap top died, and we have replaced it. However, he cannot remember the email password, and it seems its impossible to reset the password as was once possible from the master account, as it is a secondary account, and there were no security questions set for it when it was created.

Without access to his email account, we cannot verify his windows account, and synch his new laptop with his old settings.

For what it's worth, the idea that changing the old system, where the main account holder could change passwords for secondary accounts improves security is hogwash. It just makes things more difficult for users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hexcaliber

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the email issues and will send you a PM now to assist further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hexcaliber

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the email issues and will send you a PM now to assist further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM, hexcaliber - just to update this thread, it was sorted without the need for further discussion in PM. 

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team