cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Netflix

Flexwing
Joining in

Having changed to a new package in October which includes Netflix I cannot get VM to send me the activation code. I have spoken to numerous people and all they do is issue a ticket to some other dept. 

They insist the Netflix account is active and that a link will be issued via the app or online account. Nothing appears! 

I have also tried speaking to Netflix and that has not resolved the issue either.

Basically this is breach of contract and would appreciate if anyone knows how to escalate to a senior person.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning Flexwing

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies about the Netflix issue - I can confirm yours has been raised to the relevant team who will get this resolved. A lot of them now are fixed so I am hopeful it'll be soon for you.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Still no solution. Have spoken to at least four advisors, raised umpteen tickets and yet no further forward. 

I suggest VM refund me £10.99 per month as I'm paying for my own Netflix service. 

This is a totally intolerable situation. This is a total scam and I demand referral to a senior person.

Hi Flexwing,

Thank you for reaching back out, have you checked your Online account recently under apps to see what options you have under the Netflix App, you may see either the Activate or Manage your account, if you don't have eitgher you can try signing out of the Netflix account on yout Box and then try setting up a new one with a different Email, select the standard Netflix which is the one you get free then it should say pay Via Virgin Media, this will then resolve the issue and you can then cancel the subscription you pay for.

Regards

Paul.

Sorry Paul, tried that and it doesn't work. All it does is create another account and add billing at full cost. 

I need an activation code which seems to be beyond VM ability.

Hi @Flexwing, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry you're sill unable to access your inclusive Netflix.  And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  I would like to take a closer look at your account.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Nothing yet Lee. I spoke to a tech person this morning but was cut off twice. I have read the VM complaints policy and I have requested an escalation to a manager.

Thanks.  Do you wish me to try to resolve your complaint with you?  Or do you want, as you've already stated, to arrange a manager call back?

Regards

Lee

Hello Lee, if you resolve the issue then I am happy to give you the opportunity. 

Thanks

Thanks. I have checked the I.T ticket. There's no update.  Can I ask if you're currently paying Netflix directly?

Regards

Lee