cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannnot login to Community

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Hello,

Today I tried logging into Community with username Morrile (an account held for decades) and the login failed, stating my password could not be longer than 20 characters. I tried to reset the password but I now suspect it was created by one of two accounts that I had deleted, old Blueyonder.co.uk accounts.

Is there a way of getting it back linked to my Primary email address that cannot be deleted? To get into the system I have created a second account to post a message.

Morrile 

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Morrile2, Welcome to the community on your new account! (/ Welcome back)

Sorry to hear of this issue with your login. 

I just want to be sure we are completely clear about what the issue is so we can get you the correct support - when you tried to reset the password for your former community account did it send a reset password email to an Inbox you no longer have access to? 

Was this a secondary email account that you have deleted? 

Did it not give you the option to change the password without an email link?

We are able to support updating the registration email for My Virgin Media accounts but sadly this is not the same for community. You can however do this yourself in an account you have access to. 

Please let us know so we can offer further support via PM if needed. 

We can then return to this thread with an update where possible!

All the best. 

Molly

Morrile2
On our wavelength
Hello Molly,
I was a secondary email address I believe the email went to that's since been deleted.
I did not see any option to change the password without an email link.
I am not asking you to edit email for My Virgin Media accounts, yet just the login to gain access to the community.

My apologies @Morrile2

We are unable to complete your request to amend your community login details for you to gain access through an older username/account. If you are unable to reset your password as you have deleted the email used to sign up, then unfortunately there is no other way for us to advise further to regain your old account access. You can gain access through the community with your newly  made second account, should you need. 

I appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for as you mention you held the original account for decades, I can only apologies and hope we are able to help and support you further on your new community account going forward.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley