cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling

JohnK1
Tuning in

I have been trying to get an answer from 150 for two weeks. I wait for hour sand then it goes dead.

Initially I wanted to remove some services and retain others. Now I am so frustrated with the non existent customer service attitude that I just want to cancel my contract (30 day rolling) and move to Sky who have offered me a much better deal.

Why is it so difficult to do anything with Virgin

17 REPLIES 17

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JohnK1 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community

Sorry to hear that you're unable to get through to our customer relations team.  I am going to private message you to help you raise a complaint.  

Regards

Lee_R

@JohnK1 wrote:
Who in the 21st century uses snail mail and bits of paper from a Post Office?

Well anyone who wants to cancel their service with VM!

Look, I agree with you, it does seem daft in this day and age, but it is what it is. You have a choice here, either rail about it and complain vociferously on a forum which practically will achieve nothing at all, or just suck it up, accept the reality and write the letter!

It really is up to you!

@Andrew-G wrote:

@JohnK1 wrote:

Why would I want to write a letter? It's 2022 not 1922.

I thought Virgin Media was tech company!

Why no online chat facility?

Why no email address that gets answered?

The "we're so busy" excuse doesn't wash when the only reason VM's contact centres are busy is the company's inability to do resource planning

Of course a far more cynical person than you and I might conclude that indeed VM have actually done resource planning and has thus planned the available resources in such a way as to make it frustratingly difficult to cancel in the hope that some will just give up and pay the increase.

Of course, you might well think that, I couldn’t possibly comment.

@JohnK1 writing in, is certainly not ideal and we fully appreciate that.  The other factor there is, do you definitely wish to cancel or are you happy for our customer relations team to try to offer a deal to retain your custom?  If you wish to consider the possibility of staying with us, then the letter would be a bad choice.  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi there.

I have sent the letter about cancelling and this was received on the 28th of August. 

The reason for cancellation was me moving to area not covered by VM. 

Despite leaving all my information I wasn't contacted about the disconnection at all. Bills are being charged as normal. Could you please assist me as I was informed that just stopping my direct debit isn't an option

Regards 

Dan

craig38
On our wavelength

I feel you're pain lol

2 fricking days (10 phone calls) I've been trying to ring retention's and give notice but every time I'm either cut off or i get some BS about their system is down and can't pull up my account, Last lady i spoke to said the same thing, so i told her i don't give a rats A**** if you're system is down you're getting 30days notice as of today end of. Stuff Virgin

I went the old fashioned way, right address, recorded delivery etc. by the book all of it. Still no sign of disconnection after more than 30 days of notice! I just want to be out of it, send my router back and be done with Virgin. Is this too much to ask? 

Customer for 13 years

craig38
On our wavelength

Yeh it's way to much to ask for with these clowns, Virgin have probably realised they are starting to loose the monopoly now and reverting to dirty tactics.

If i really need to i will do it by recorded post and soon as i see receipt of delivery 30 days will count down and simply cancel all direct debits I've had enough of these idiots, been with them since the old NTL days and you get nothing for being a loyal customer so stuff'em.