cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling

W501V
Joining in

We cancelled Virgin at the start of December and moved to Sky, yet we’re still getting billed. They’re saying only the phone has been cancelled and we’re still getting billed for box and broadband. They now won’t even put us through to cancellations until we’ve paid a bill we shouldn’t have got. This is causing my elderly mother stress. Can anyone advise?

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@W501V wrote:

We cancelled Virgin at the start of December and moved to Sky, yet we’re still getting billed. They’re saying only the phone has been cancelled and we’re still getting billed for box and broadband. They now won’t even put us through to cancellations until we’ve paid a bill we shouldn’t have got. This is causing my elderly mother stress. Can anyone advise?

What VM services did you have?

By what means did you give VM your 30 days notice to cancel?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @W501V 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're still being billed after requesting your services to be cancelled.

From what I can see this end, there was a downgrade but no work order booked for a disconnection. 

We are unable to process cancellations via the Forums so if you give our team a call on 0345 454 1111, they will be more than happy to assist further.

We also have some info 👉 here on cancelling. 

Keep us posted. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cancelled by phone on 11th November. Had Sky installed on the 1st December. Cancelled direct debit on 15th December after they took what should've been the last payment on the 14th.

Every time I ring I'm told they only cancelled the phone, then refuses to put me through to cancellations until I pay the latest bill. We're refusing to pay because we're either being conned or it's gross incompetence from Virgin staff.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your billing date each month?

I suspect the payment taken on Dec 14th was your November bill. The final bill would have been on the billing date following disconnection, and only once that has been generated would your final payments have been settled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey W501V, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is a billing issue.

Could this the last payment as mentioned, normally what would happen is you must pay off your final bill and send any equipment back to us keeping the direct debit active.

After we've taken any last payments then any refunds due would be sent back via a cheque refund within 45 days. 

Did you send your equipment back and pay the final bill? Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No, because they didn't arrange for the equipment to be sent back, and for some reason have only cancelled the phone and not cancelled the TV and Broadband. Now they're refusing to even let us cancel if we don't pay a bill for the TV and BB a month our final bill was taken out of the direct debit.

To further investigate this, I am sending you a private message, Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs