cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling

JohnK1
Tuning in

I have been trying to get an answer from 150 for two weeks. I wait for hour sand then it goes dead.

Initially I wanted to remove some services and retain others. Now I am so frustrated with the non existent customer service attitude that I just want to cancel my contract (30 day rolling) and move to Sky who have offered me a much better deal.

Why is it so difficult to do anything with Virgin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@JohnK1 wrote:

Why would I want to write a letter? It's 2022 not 1922.

I thought Virgin Media was tech company!

Why no online chat facility?

Why no email address that gets answered?

And if you're planning a price rise you KNOW is going to be contentious, why not man up the phone lines, for example by signing up one of the many contract call centres who provide short term customer interaction?  Or offer an on-line cancellation option so that customers who simply wish to cancel don't have to deal with VM's criminally poor telephone customer service?  Or phase the price rise notifications over a longer period?

The "we're so busy" excuse doesn't wash when the only reason VM's contact centres are busy is the company's inability to do resource planning

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree it’s frustrating but call volumes are high given the general price increase and the current cost of living crisis.

Best advice is to call close to 8am or write a letter to cancel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JohnK1,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you wish to cancel and are struggling to get through to the team. As @Ernie_C has explained, I'm afraid that we're a little busier than usual lately which unfortunately results in call queues, but our team are working hard to answer and resolve all customer queries ASAP.

We're unable to carry out any package changes from here on the community forums, including cancellation requests. If you do wish to proceed with cancellation then I'd recommend calling and speaking with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).If you don't wish to call, you can find all of our other contact information here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@JohnK1 wrote:

And if you're planning a price rise you KNOW is going to be contentious, why not man up the phone lines, for example by signing up one of the many contract call centres who provide short term customer interaction?  Or offer an on-line cancellation option so that customers who simply wish to cancel don't have to deal with VM's criminally poor telephone customer service?  Or phase the price rise notifications over a longer period?

The "we're so busy" excuse doesn't wash when the only reason VM's contact centres are busy is the company's inability to do resource planning

I am afraid you don't seem to get it.

There is no point ringing those numbers because nobody ever answers

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's always the cancellation by post option.  Don't forget to use recorded delivery.

See above.
Snail post is a paleocommunication system.

Who in the 21st century uses snail mail and bits of paper from a Post Office?

They don't want you to get through and cancel.
That way they can keep taking money off you.