cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract in writing

RaymondOS
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I realise there are a few posts on this subject already but...it could do with clarification.

Like others, I am fed up with price increases so I want to cancel my contract.

Other Virgin customers seem to be having a nightmare by doing this via the 150 number so it looks like cancelling in writing is the best option.

What do I say in the letter? Do I just quote my account number, home address and set a date 30 days from now?

The address I found in another thread is:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Is this still correct/

I have the basic TV, broadband and weekend phone calls package.

Thanks.

67 REPLIES 67

Kamariah
On our wavelength

Hi, which is now the correct, best address to send cancellation letter to?  Need to cancel by 10th Feb in order to avoid £12.50 increase in fee from March 11th.

Thanks in advance.

PS Not getting anywhere by phone (of course).

chorisia
On our wavelength

There does not seem to be one however Virgin employees in community will be very helpful, was my experience. Some say just cancel your direct debit and they will eventually contact you! I think it is best to ask for help in community

Anonymous
Not applicable
cancelling the direct debit will not cancel the contract. you will create a debt that will end up with suspended services and a black mark on your credit file.

Maybe the debt being sold to debt collectors. NEVER JUST CANCEL THE DD

the address is in the T&C

Part M.3
You can cancel your order by making any clear statement to us regarding that cancellation by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary);

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG; or

3. completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form.

Kamariah
On our wavelength

Thanks for reply chorisia.

A lot of the web searches have turned up Swansea as a location, but I've heard it's defunct.  Just wonder how many letters have piled up there (or been thrown away or returned by the new tenants)...

Latest one I've found is: Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

I'm hoping that's correct, as I don't want to waste more time & money sending to multiple addresses, for something that Virgin could enable to be done in 2 minutes online *sigh*  Bad enough having to queue outside the post office in the snow and ice to get a proof of receipt/recorded delivery snail mail to an Internet company in 2021!  You couldn't make it up...

There's a new law coming later this year that should make switching telecoms provider much simpler and more efficient... bit too late for me though!

chorisia
On our wavelength

I have just had an email from virgin. I left in December 2020 my months notice by registered letter. They say I owe £30 + pounds. A virgin employee on community cancelled my contract for me without notice needed given my notice letter had gone to an address closed months before and my phone calls cut off without answer many times.  I am not paying them and certainly will never use a company with a line monopoly in future. I have sympathy for  helpful Virgin staff in community having to try to help people burdened with such an inept employer.

Hi Chorisia.

It is shameful of Virgin Media to not be able to communicate within their own departments as you describe. So lets face it, it they cannot talk to each other within the same company to sort issues out, what can those (customers) outside of VM expect? I see a deluge of adverts on TV to entice more in of late. I would hope they read forums such as these as to what is in store for them in future. I also feel for the community Virgin staff- no doubt walking a fine line between being helpful and polite but without making it too easy to find an escape route as customers ultimately pay their wages.

My energy bills point out that there could be cheaper tariffs I could switch to and also that I may find cheaper with competitors too, plus a physical address where I could write to on the bill should I wish to cancel. This to me is open and honest and is respectful of my custom.

It will be a very dull party in a brewery that Virgin organize.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @chorisia

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I have just taken a look over things on your account, the amount charged is your final bill, this normally is for pro rata charges.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

chorisia
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply I gave Virgin a full months notice after a large increase when my contract ended, tried to phone them about this ,no answer several times put on hold then disconnected. Cancelled direct debit given the situation and the fact that other potential providers were answering. Registered letter of notice sent to Swansea have the receipt for that.  I made no phone calls the month before. I joined NTL when they began given the take it or leave culture of BT at the time, then Virgin took over, never again will I have a monopoly line supplier.