cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract in writing

RaymondOS
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I realise there are a few posts on this subject already but...it could do with clarification.

Like others, I am fed up with price increases so I want to cancel my contract.

Other Virgin customers seem to be having a nightmare by doing this via the 150 number so it looks like cancelling in writing is the best option.

What do I say in the letter? Do I just quote my account number, home address and set a date 30 days from now?

The address I found in another thread is:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Is this still correct/

I have the basic TV, broadband and weekend phone calls package.

Thanks.

67 REPLIES 67

I have just been informed 25/11/2020 that the Swansea office has been closed that is where I sent my 30 days cancellation,registered letter on 16 november all other attempts to communicate failing ,where that leaves me I do not know and am almost past caring as I do not need a good credit rating 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
then cancel your DD and walk away

Keep all documentation, including screenshots. Beware that cancelling DD without the other party being aware of the arrangement may sometimes attract a fee for failing to adhere to their terms and conditions.Tread carefully.

I ended up emailing the CEO as other people in the past, I can't post the email address here as it will get removed but a quick Google will find it.

Within a few days his team contacted me and it was all sorted.

To be fair to the mod's here, they also tried to help in DMs, but we got stuck with security questions and by then the CEO's Team got in touch.

Only other complaint I have is they still haven't arranged to get my old equipment returned yet, modem and v6 box still sitting here,

Couldn't edit the above, but by a spooky coincidence a Virgin man appeared in a van today to collect the equipment.

Paul-dn helpful virgin employee sorted all this out for me seems if you have an issue with Virgin or problem trying to cancel best to ask for help on community do not write to swansea office which I am advised was closed in April

Hi StripeyMiata,

Thanks for coming back here to share that you were able to get this sorted. I'm pleased to hear that the CEO Complaint's Team were able to help out.

If there's anything else you need from us from here please let us know.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Beth

Beth

Hi chorisia,

Thanks for your positive feedback, it's great that Paul was able to help out and get everything sorted for you. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

Have a great weekend.

Beth

Beth

chorisia
On our wavelength

I am sending router back tomorrow .I have no idea where to put the silver terminator cap there are various old virgin cable at the front of my house in various states of disrepair. I have just posted about this on community . Is it best to cut the wires as suggested to another with similar problems? If Virgin wishes to send a technician to make all as it should be at the front of my property they are welcome to do so

Hi chorisia,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're leaving us. We would like to assist in getting the cables sorted for you. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin