cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract in writing

RaymondOS
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I realise there are a few posts on this subject already but...it could do with clarification.

Like others, I am fed up with price increases so I want to cancel my contract.

Other Virgin customers seem to be having a nightmare by doing this via the 150 number so it looks like cancelling in writing is the best option.

What do I say in the letter? Do I just quote my account number, home address and set a date 30 days from now?

The address I found in another thread is:

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Is this still correct/

I have the basic TV, broadband and weekend phone calls package.

Thanks.

67 REPLIES 67

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider making Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.

Ofcom's Text Relay web page maybe of interest to you.

Thanks, that is really helpful and interesting.

Letter sent. The clock is ticking, Virgin. I will post here to let you know if they play silly devils - like they do on the phone.

They don't.

The letter is official communication and a request to VM.

They will honour this for you. 

Keep us posted and good luck.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂

You'd be surprised at what ends up down the back of a printer/copier in large office buildings.Smiley Indifferent I've also sent out 1000's of letters a day.  If you knock up your letters on a computer (solves the problem of spidery handwriting), make sure the date is fixed on the date you printed it.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

@MrHalfAsleep 😁

I work not far from the post room. I visit them regularly. I promise there's nowhere for things to fall behind and get lost👌

All letters are batched in date order and processed properly. 

They're a good bunch of people 😊

Have a fab day!

Kaz

daisyboo
On our wavelength

Could you tell me how much is Broadband on its own for the 100 whatever download?

Thanks

Hey daisyboo

I know the forum team don't look at specific packages to advise on this for existing customers as this breaches security as the forums are public, but you can look here if you are looking as a new customer?

Broadband Only Deals

From your other post on this thread though you'd said you'd arranged to cancel so at this point you would need to speak to retentions about this. 

If you can speak to retentions vis 150 or 0345 454 1111 they would advis of the best broadband only deal for you.

I hope you get what you want from them. 

Good luck!

Kaz😁

daisyboo
On our wavelength

Hi Kaz,

If you re- read my post you will understand why I am interested in cancelling via writing. I don't have a phone as I am speech and hearing impaired, so to advise me to telephone is not helpful.

I am willing to keep the broadband if it is a reasonable price...I can't phone to find out what would be on offer.

Looking at the price as a new customer of £35 for the poor quality broadband I receive is far too much. Clearly Virgin don't care about customers who have disabilities that make it impossible to contact them via a method that is accessible to disabled customers. Please don't mention text phone. I don't have one.

My current package was set up via this forum with one of the moderators - like yourself. I don't understand why you can't give me  a price via private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable
VM offer ways for disabled people to contact them. If you refuse to use that method that is on you.