cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract after price rise letter

grahamcowley44
Tuning in

Rang 3 times to cancel contract,is there an alternative method of cancelling or a better phone number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @grahamcowley44

Thank you for your update and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! 

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this with you and see what has happened. 

I will send you a PM now so we can do so, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

grahamcowley44
Tuning in

Forgot to put that I was cut off 3 times after long wait 

This is what I am trying to do.
Apparently they have system issues.

Fourth time of trying and cut off after just over an hour, don't deserve customers.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@grahamcowley44 wrote:

Rang 3 times to cancel contract,is there an alternative method of cancelling or a better phone number?

Postal cancellation.  Obviously you'll want to use recorded delivery, use the Sunderland address in the link (some other out of date postal addresses are scattered across VM's unmaintained web sites).  Allow for delivery time, and ideally set a specific end date factoring in your 30 days notice - VM's customer care extends to not bothering to send an email or postal acknowledgement of cancellations, although there's a good chance they'll be able to bother you with retentions telephone calls.  

Great advice from Andrew-G. That's exactly what I did - wrote in and specified a date a bit longer than 30 days. Royal Mail now use the descriptor "Signed for" (apparently since April 2013) rather than "Recorded delivery". I'm still finding it hard to adapt to the name change!!  

Hi grahamcowley44,

Changing prices is never an easy decision, but as service usage has increased over the last 24 months we have to continuously re-invest in our network. Doing so permits more people to enjoy our services and meet the demand to continuously deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK.

If you get in touch with the team, they'll be happy to take a look at your billing and package to see what can be done to help. You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here: virg.in/VMcontact. 

^Martin

Managed to give 30 days notice after receiving price rise letter a couple of days ago and now can't access my account,is it still active please?

Thanks for the update grahamcrowley44, although we're sorry to see you go we're pleased you were able to contact the team to give your 30 days notice.

In regards to the access, is this to your online account? If so, you should still have access to this up until the disconnection of service. Do you get any error messages when trying to access the account?

Rob

Ok thanks, sorted now.