cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling after price rise notice

ruipolicarpo87
Tuning in

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything. 

Does someone know if I'm eligible to cancel my virgin media services, without a penalty, after a price rise notice? Even if it mentions I won't be affected until the end of the contract.

I've tried calling, chat, WhatsApp...costumer service is terrible as usual. Either I get disconnected or the phone hangs up and I need to sort this out. My work circumstances have changed drastically and I have no need for Internet or tv services anymore.

Thank you in advance 

9 REPLIES 9

jonpwatson5
Dialled in

Yes.

Your contract is being changed by Virgin. This is not a rise in line with inflation so therefore you can cancel without any penalties.

Thank you, that's good news but...how do I actually cancel if no one answers or replies in the chat? It seems to be a common problem unfortunately 

I feel your frustration on that one. It can be difficult getting through on the phone and other platforms. 

All I can say is keep trying. If you want to complain, email the chief exec.
[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

I guess switching automatically doesn't work with virgin media? 

Hi ruipolicarpo87,

Welcome to the forums.

Changing prices is never an easy decision, but as service usage has increased over the last 24 months we have to continuously re-invest in our network. Doing so permits more people to enjoy our services and meet the demand to continuously deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK.

If you get in touch with the team, they'll be happy to take a look at your billing and package to see what can be done to help. You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here: virg.in/VMcontact

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thank you for everyone who reached out to help. By sheer luck i was able to reach someone on the phone and cancel the service after a lot of fighting from the operator. The lady didn't know what to advise about equipment or even what day of the month the service runs to.

That makes me a bit suspicious if it was actually cancelled...I've seen some members here getting screenshots or confirmation of cancellation by moderators. Is it possible for me to get it as well? Just for peace of mind.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ruipolicarpo87,

Thank you for your reply, 

We can't provide screenshots of accounts but you can check your online account after your 30-day disconnection has been processed.

Zoie

How can I be sure if I have nothing in writing confirming my cancellation? Am I just to hope staff will keep their word when they didn't even knew my final service day? It's all very strange.

They could just easily let the notice period finish to get me stuck again. I wish I could trust that it is indeed cancelled but I've been with multiple broadband providers and always had a confirmation in writing about end of services.

Thanks for coming back to us @ruipolicarpo87.

I can advise you that the disconnection has been raised but we don't provide any confirmation emails, when your disconnection has been raised.

If the agents have advised you on the phone that it has been done, the disconnection request will have been raised.

I will also pass this on as feedback to help improve the service that we offer to our customer.

Regards,

Steven_L