Menu
danieltorio
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling account

I have tried with no success to cancel my account calling 150, they transfer me to call center where you have to wait 50mins with the annoying recorded message 'your call is in a queue' and after that they ask your Account number and as soon as you mention the word 'cancel' they hang on you. My first 3 calls they hanged on me, the fourth one it was the system that wasn't working, fifth time they hanged me again.

I told these guys i was recording the call and nobody cared about it. I don't know what to do. I was always recommending Virgin to everybody but this is definitely over. I am thinking of requesting to my bank to decline their direct-debit payments but i don't want to have any trouble.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
jlippa
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling account

I've only one suggestion here which you may have already followed but you didn't say: only ever take the thinking of leaving us option in the automated phone system. This is the retentions team, they're UK based and your best hope of getting to talk to someone with a brain cell and English as their first language.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi danieltorio, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us. 

It's sad to hear you're thinking of leaving us too. 

As mentioned by jlippa, your better off calling 150 / 0345 454 1111 and following the options for leaving us. This will get you through to the correct team so you won't need to be transferred at all. 

They will also be able to go through the cancellation policy with you. 

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
danieltorio
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

What number do you think i was calling to? Red cross in Nicaragua? I was calling 150 through the correct departments.
The problem here is simple, they have in screen the number of call attempts you have done in the last few weeks. On your first calls When they pass you through to the calling center you reach a poor guy that it’s salary/continuity only depends on the remain/cancel call ratio they get this month.
So what i did, i explained the hanging to the first british guy you talk to and try to sound **bleep** off to be able to get transferred to a higher tier of department. In my case the manager of that calling center, keep me on hold 27 mins, and then he actioned the cancellation in 10 seconds. He was pretending he was surprised of this practice buy clearly he had the operators logs to check who did this.
I don’t blame these poor guys in Bombay, i blame Virgin for not solving this known issue.
I still state Virgin has the best Cable service i ever had, and i have had internet since the bloody 56k modems, 105/25mb/s stable service with not a single disconnection, that’s impressive. But i won’t recommend it to anyone anymore due to this episode.

Thanks
Daniel

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you get someone in Bombay or someone outside the UK then YOU have chosen the wrong option on the phone

as said above the cancellations dept is UK based - choose that and you should have little trouble

Tony
0 Kudos