cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Virgin Media

sneekypetey
Joining in

Has anyone ever managed to cancel a Virgin Broadband package using the 'helpful' phone number?

I have just tried (twice).   First time I waited on hold 30 minutes and then after getting through to someone who was unintelligible I was supposedly transferred and line went dead.   Second time exactly the same but I only waited 15 minutes.  Virgin Media customer service is just hopeless. 

I am now  writing them a letter as the only effective (hopefully) way to cancel.  Is there not some irony in having to write to a hard copy letter to an internet service provider? 

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey sneekypetey, thanks for posting on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear you've tried to request a cancellation over your previous calls with our team and got cut off, we're pretty sure this was not intentional as our care team would pick up the query and transfer you over to cancellations team to complete this process.

Thank you for explaining you've now sent a letter out to request this, that would be our last resort in case any other method of communication fails towards this - you can also visit this page here for further info on how to cancel your services with us.

Please, rest assured if you send this as tracked and make sure it's well received we will honour your request taking the date the letter was posted as the time this request was received and will process the cancellation based on this.

Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns in regard, happy to best advise you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your response.  The only further questions are:

1.  How can Virgin Media think it will keep customers with such dreadful customer service?

2.  Is that why you make it so difficult for people to leave?  (and by the way your helpful link just takes you back to the page with the postal address and the telephone number where you wait for half an hour for someone to answer your call before they cut you off when they say they are transferring you.)

3.  Does anyone at Virgin Media arrange any "secret shoppers" to give feedback on just how awful the customer service is? 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey sneekypetey, thanks for the reply.

I will try to best answer your questions asked:

1) We do strive for a high level of service when it comes to our customer support and waiting times, however where this is not possible we do aim to best advise of alternative ways over social or assist further from alternative channels such as this forum.
2) Our long wait times apply to all customers with any queries from a new deal orders to cancellations and faults incidents, it is not our intention to prevent you from leaving us by any means and we'd rather help as soon as possible. The link provided above is meant to inform you of the ways to cancel and different channels to reach us in regard to this.
3) You may occasionally receive a survey to let us know how happy you are with our service and leave a review when finishing a call with our staff, however this is not always the case, same thing happens when on a chat or WhatsApp text support with us. To my knowledge, we do not do ''secret shoppers'', apologies for this.

We'd be happy to feed this information we got from you internally, this is something we always do to improve our service where possible and a request is not required in this case, please rest assured.

Let us know if you have anything more to ask, happy to best assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs