cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract by Post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Both the mobile and telephone customer service channels are proving impossible to use to get through to someone. Many others are having the same issues.

I'd therefore like to cancel my contract via post. Can someone from the Virgin team confirm the following:

- What needs to be included in the letter?
- Where does the letter needs to be sent?
- What happens after Virgin receive the letter and what are the lead times?

My concern is I'll send a letter and then nothing will be done with it.

Many thanks,
Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dan,

Up until a couple of weeks ago cancellation requests where sent to Nottingham. However it was discovered that VM had made a booboo- that site had been closed down and the site information hadn't been updated to reflect the change.

The correct information with the Sunderland address is shown on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/thinking-of-leaving/broadband-tv-phone 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dan,

If writing include your name and full address and account number, also your memorable word (or certain characters from it) and make sure you sign it and send it by registered post to Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA.  

If  you have a  VM land line phone and are wanting to port the number to a new provider be sure to inform VM and start that process before the account is cancelled or you may lose the number (the line needs to be active or it will fail).

VM process the 30 day cancellation period from the day they receive your letter.

You might receive a call from outbound retentions offering a new reduced contract. This may be from a normal mobile number as some agents are still working from home.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dave,

I've seen a few addresses mentioned on the forums, so if someone from Virgin could confirm Dave's comment that'd be great!

Thanks again,
Dan

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dan,

Up until a couple of weeks ago cancellation requests where sent to Nottingham. However it was discovered that VM had made a booboo- that site had been closed down and the site information hadn't been updated to reflect the change.

The correct information with the Sunderland address is shown on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/thinking-of-leaving/broadband-tv-phone 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dave,

I've seen you a lot on these forums, always providing great information - Virgin should reward you!

Have a great day,
Dan

I cant get the Sunderland address from their website. Nothing happens when I click on "by post" - can someone give me the address please - or provide another source?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @billhicks 

The good old fashioned Royal Mail address is below. If writing include all of your account details and send it by registered (signed for) post

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums! Also a big thank you to our community members for their help on this so far. 

Can I ask if you have since been able to arrange the cancellation via the letter? 

Thanks again.