cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled all services though landline still on account as new change

andrewUK23
Joining in

This evening I received an e-mail about making changes to my account.  Assuming this was confirmation of my cancellation due to recent price increase, I checked the amount and Virgin have kept me on Talk Weekends at £19.00 a month.  There will be a charge next month of £51.33.

I had removed ALL services from Virgin Media and moved to BT (including landline).  I now have a credit amount of £55.36 on my account.  I returned all equipment and transferred landline to BT.  Can anyone confirm what's going on here and what's going on with billing?  I intend to close my account once billing is sorted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @andrewUK23, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums page. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the transfer of the landline.
As you have mentioned you are transferring over the landline, the landline services must stay active until the transfer is complete by the other supplier, i.e. in this case BT.
All other services can cease but the landline can only be closed down once transferred over, if closed down earlier - there is a chance that the number will not transfer over and will be lost.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @andrewUK23, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums page. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the transfer of the landline.
As you have mentioned you are transferring over the landline, the landline services must stay active until the transfer is complete by the other supplier, i.e. in this case BT.
All other services can cease but the landline can only be closed down once transferred over, if closed down earlier - there is a chance that the number will not transfer over and will be lost.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply.  I was concerned at the new changes on my account and billing for next month.  The number is confirmed on my account at BT's end, but not active yet.

andrewUK23
Joining in

I checked my landline earlier this evening and could not receive any incoming calls, only outgoing on BT socket.  I switched over to Virgin Media socket and could receive calls.  The landline had previously been transferred to BT and was working when the engineer installed the broadband earlier in mid-April.  It appears VM have transferred my landline back to them thinking I took out a new deal for landline (I haven't and want away from them due to poor broadband and support).

I would like this new change to my account cancelled and landline number ported back over to BT.  I would like to know why this has happened as I did not make any new changes to my account.

thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear this.

We don't deal with any cancellations on the forums sorry. 

However it is also worth noting that a number port can take up to 14 working days and BT would do this for you.

If you wanted the number porting back over you would need to contact BT and they would get this sorted for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

andrewUK23
Joining in

After being passed between BT and VM this morning the BT advisors think they've worked out what's going on.  The transfer appeared to have been completed properly on both systems and landline "working" since 14th April.  However, the number transfer "timed out" due to an Openreach issue and passed back to VM, who I think have acted properly in this case adding new package so that I don't lose the number.

BT have re-requested the transfer and hopefully sorted by next week. BT advisor will phone back once transfer is completed (again).  Fault appears to be with Openreach here.

Thanks for coming back to us with an update andrewUK23, I'm glad that you have been able to get to the bottom of this.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L