cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

ColK
Joining in

Hi. Engineers called today to install VM. However, the cable to the house was found to be unserviceable which will leave me without internet when my old contract expires. How long after signing up do I have to cancel my arrangement with VM please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You have a 14 day cooling off period that starts only when you get first connected.  When you phone to cancel, chances are the some of the world's finest honey-tongued scoundrels and liars will try and assure you that it will all be fixed promptly - don't believe them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You have a 14 day cooling off period that starts only when you get first connected.  When you phone to cancel, chances are the some of the world's finest honey-tongued scoundrels and liars will try and assure you that it will all be fixed promptly - don't believe them.

Thanks. So 14 days from actual connection? (Which hasn't happened yet.)

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Yes - but you don't have to wait to be connected in order to cancel the order.  It's a regulatory requirement that you can cancel before an order is connected.

Thank you. I'm much obliged. 

You wouldn't happen to know the cancellation phone number? 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It's in section M of the Terms & Conditions.  Along with the postal address, which you might prefer rather than deal with VM's sometimes remarkably unhelpful telephone agents.  Legally, any postal cancellation tales effect from the date it is posted, so use a recorded post option if timing is a concern.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ColK,

Thank you for your reply, as you have not been installed due to your property being unserviceable, you can cancel at any point with us, you can call us on 150/0345 454 1111 option 4 then 4 or message us on WhatsApp on +447305 327 112.

Thanks,

Zoie