cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Geoff1961
Joining in

I've been with virgin for over 30 yrs, I'm trying to cancel as I've moved house and it's not needed at my new address.  I've opened up a chat to cancel on 7th December but it stopped and I've heard nothing since. Please can someone advise me

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Geoff1961 wrote:

I've been with virgin for over 30 yrs, I'm trying to cancel as I've moved house and it's not needed at my new address.  I've opened up a chat to cancel on 7th December but it stopped and I've heard nothing since. Please can someone advise me

You have to give VM 30 days' notice to cancel. Topics on here seem to suggest that one of the less-time-consuming methods (in avoiding being kept 'hanging on' some form of chat or phone contact) is to simply write to VM via snail mail at:

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

using a signed-for delivery service for proof of when you posted the letter and when VM received it. You would also need to factor in any delays due to RM strikes etc. at the moment. Include all necessary details/account info for VM to identify your account and process your request.

Alternatively, the other method to try is to phone it at 08:00 when the lines first open and go via the 'thinking of leaving us' route to try for the best chance of getting through with least delay. Ideally record the call if you can.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Geoff1961, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are needing to cancel and that we do not service the new address. 

Can you contact the customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 options, 1, 4 and 4 so that the account can be cancelled?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris

I have done this and had wait times of over 30 mins that I cannot do. I entered into a chat on the subject which I have screen prints of on December 6th. This clearly shows my intentions to cancel and all relevant security checks were completed and acknowledged by Virgin media. The chat required me to stay online which once again I was unable to do because of work. I am finding your process incredibly frustrating and impenetrable.

Hi Geoff1961, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have not had any notification. 

I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Thanks Chris 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

I have sent you a private message Geoff, please look out for the purple envelope -  Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Geoff1961, thanks for the PM and glad to hear that this is now resolved. - Chris.