cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

rdh1982
Joining in

After many attempts and disconnections, I cancelled my account 30 days ago over the phone. As seems to be standard from other messages, the account wasn't actually cancelled.

How do I actually cancel my account? I've been out of contract for years.

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rdh1982,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues and concerns regarding your account cancellation. What makes you believe it's not been actioned? When and how did you request cancellation?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I cancelled on September 14 via phone. Today - 30 days later - the service is still active, I haven't received any packaging to return our hardware and my account page shows no change to the account status.That's what makes me think the cancellation hasn't happened.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rdh1982 

In many cases the account and services can stay active until midnight on the 30th day of cancellation.

Hopefully the cancellation has been actioned correctly and you will find that none of your services will be working tomorrow.

VM don't usually send out an email to confirm  disconnection, however yuo should recieve a final bill in around 10 days time.

The returns packaging (if you do have any equipment that they want back) is also usually sent out around 10 days after the services are disconnected.

You can check which items do need returning <<< here >>  and also order the returns packaging from that page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Rdh1982, 

Thanks for your reply, I am sorry you're a little worried that your cancellation hasn't gone through, I understand why you want confirmation of this. 

@newapollo's advice is 100% correct, however I'll still send you a PM so I can put your mind at rest. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L