cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

LindonSmall
Tuning in

I called VM today and for the 2nd time my call was dropped after being on hold for an hour. This really isn't acceptable. Please will can somebody get in touch so that I can discuss the cancellation of my account.

15 REPLIES 15

I've now been in a WhatsApp chat since 1.30pm yesterday. At 11.30 this morning I was transferred to another department (yet again), since then the only interaction I've had is the following automated message.

Virgin Media: Hi there! There's a bit of a wait for our movers experts so as your virtual assistant 🦾....

Virgin Media: I can answer our top questions whilst you hold... ️ They may contain the answers you’re looking for! 🤞 Just to confirm...

Virgin Media: Please select an option below 👇
1) I'm moving home 🚚
2) Something Else
Me: 1

Virgin Media: Okay, lets take a look at some topics. 🤓

Virgin Media: Here’s a handy link that’ll take you straight to our FAQ page online, where we’ve got the answers to help put your mind at ease whilst you wait.

(Note: THERE IS NO LINK)

Virgin Media: Would you still like to hold for an agent to help you move?
1) Yes I'll hold 🎶
2) No that's okay
Me: 1

Cheers! Please hold whilst we connect you....

This interaction has been repeated at least 12 times and has been going on for nearly 5 hours. Am I in an infinite loop? Is there anyway that you can confirm that there isn't a problem and that someone will speak to me soon?

PLEASE HELP???

Hey LindonSmall, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry about the long reply in our WhatsApp service. This is not an instant response.

This can also take up to 24 hours for a reply.

What is it you need some help with today? Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matthew. As I said in my post I have been in this WhatsApp chat since 1.30pm yesterday which is considerably longer than 24 hours. I also tried to explain I am getting constant automated messages asking if I am moving home (why else would I have been transferred to the moving team?) when I answer yes I am asked if I still want to "hold for an agent to help", I've been asked this around 15 times, I've assumed that if I don't answer yes to this question the whole process would end and I would have to start all over again. So what I need help with today is the completion of my WhatsApp conversation?

Earlier I spoke to the retention team on WhatsApp who offered a deal that was acceptable for me to stay with VM. They then said they would transfer me to the moving team (as I will be moving home after having to had leave for 11 months due to flooding). Since I was transferred this morning I've had nothing but the automated questions.

What can you do to help?

Hi Lindon, thank you for coming back to us. 

Sorry to hear of your poor experiences trying to get through to us to cancel. Sadly we do not have access to Whats App conversations to help get you re-routed to the Move team, and as previously advised in this thread sadly we cannot arrange outbound calls or process cancellations via this platform. 

I would always recommend giving us a call on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline to get these kinds of support queries resolved as quickly as possible. Particularly if it involves speaking to multiple teams, such as retentions & movers. 

The lines may have been a little busier than usual, sincerest apologies for any delays or waiting times whilst in the WhatsApp support Que! It may be a case that you just need to send a further reply to ensure you are transferred. 

Has there been any progress since your last post? 

Let us know how you are getting on! All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly

The reason I started a WhatsApp chat is because I'd called twice earlier and each time my call was dropped after waiting for over an hour. So I wont be calling again!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LindonSmall,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I do apologise about the long call queues. Our teams are doing all they can to get through to all contacting customers.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if we can assist further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs