cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

swalsh
Just joined

It is simply impossible to get through to VM on the phone.  It is unacceptable that they say that you can only cancel by phone or write a letter (who posts letters in 2022!).

Is it any wonder we are looking to cancel our contract.  The service and support are sub standard and not fit for purpose in the digital age.

All I want to do is cancel my subscription so I can go to a more reliable provider, VM are deliberating making it way too difficult.

Why don't they post an email address?

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@swalsh Why don't they post an email address?

Because not enough people have complained to the regulator?  I've seen repeated reports of difficulty when trying to cancel by phone, with customers being passed round multiple unhelpful staff, left on hold, disconnected, bounced from phone to Whatsapp and back again.  This is a flagrant breach of Ofcom's rules, specifically General Condition C1.8 specifically paragraphs 1.13, 1.14 and 1.15, so I'd strongly recommend you complain to Ofcom.  They won't intervene in your complaint directly, but Virgin Media are setting themselves up for a big fat fine over their repeated breaches of this rule.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @swalsh, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you had been having difficulties speaking with our team to have your account cancelled. I can see from our system that you have since spoken with the team. Were they able to help you with this? If not, please let us know so we can help further.

For future reference we do also have a text service for the cable teams on 07533051809 or, alternatively you can contact via WhatsApp message on 07305327112.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules