cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Evehammer90
Tuning in

Hi, 

I'm moving house and won't be needing my Virgin Broadband contract anymore. I have tried to cancel my contract with Virgin over phone now, but because of Corona it won't let me through all the way, but redirects me to the same web page that told me to call that number in the first place. 

There has to be a another way to do this?? Anyone had the same issue or know how to cancel?

I've been with Virgin for 4 years now. So not on a new contract. 

Thank you!

60 REPLIES 60

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @KChelsea

Thanks for your first post - sorry that you're having issues contacting us to cancel your account. 

Please feel free to text us on 07533051809 and our retention team will be happy to help you out. Please be aware that replies to this service are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day. 

Hope that helps. Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie, 

So all I need to do is send a text to the number you provided with my account details to cancel the contract as it's coming to an end. Is that enough ? Thank you. I'm actually on a long hold call. An agent finally answered my call said he can't hear me and he hung up! I was on hold on this call from Australia and he hung up! I didn't understand why he did this. I'm on hold again. 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You'll need to go through some auto questions and some triage first - you'll then get popped through to our Retentions team who can book your disconnection for you. 

We did have some system issues earlier which may have been the reason for the issues with the call - I am sorry about that

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

I have tried this 5 seperate times and it does not work. End of tether after 6 weeks of trying to cancel.. I am now going to stop paying.. bet they get in touch then.

BARKERE
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media

I have been patient for over a month now. I have rung countless times, have been cut off by you after waiting on phone, I have sent a letter to you with notice of cancellation and also contacted you via twitter. 

My broadband contract is cancellation as I paid more to do so rather have a fixed 12 month contract. 

Please confirm you will now cancel- contract is 118529415 

I do not want to escalate this further with complaints to relevant authority and feel that as a tech company you are in the position to change your website to allow a cancellation to happen.

Please advise asap

Many thanks 

Emily 

Hi - what option is best to navigate the phone line as it keeps cutting me off

Everyone experiencing problems - Under Direct Debit Guarantee Act - easier to contact your bank and ask them to refund which is a legal requirement by them if you have served notice and done everything possible - just done this. If Virgin does try and set the DD up again, it will show that they aren't that busy! 

Under the Direct Debit Guarantee all banks and building societies must refund disputed payments without question, pending further investigation.

The Direct Debit Guarantee applies to all banks and building societies taking part in the direct debit scheme.

The Direct Debit Guarantee doesn't just cover mistakes which are made by your bank. it will also cover mistakes made by the beneficiary.

If you're wrongly informed by your bank that you should pursue the company in question for a full refund, you should remind your bank that in accordance with the Direct Debit Guarantee, it is under an obligation to guarantee a full and immediate refund if the beneficiary makes an error with your direct debit.

If you're given incorrect advice by your bank and this delays matters, then you should make a formal complaint to your bank, seeking compensation for its poor handling of the matter.

If you're not satisfied you can always refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), within six months of receiving the banks’ final response letter. 

Find out how to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service

If you call 0345 454 1111 and then select Option 4 and then Option 5, this will get you through to the appropriate department

Kindest regards,

David_BN

This no longer works, when you call that number and select the optoin that you are moving home, they you get a message to go to the Virgin Media website instead.If you then go to the virgin media website you will find there is no way to initiate a chat to cancel your contract and the https://my.virginmedia.com/contact page you get directed to no longer works and shows the message "Sorry, we have a problem".

Virgin Media have effectively blocked all means of communication, preventing contract cancellations through the usual routes.

Anyone know of another route for cancelling a Virgin Media contract?

Good Afternoon VirgiMediaCus1

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with getting in touch with our Movers Team.

If you drop our team a text on +44753 305 1809, you will also be able to speak to our Mover Team via this method

Kindest regards,

David_Bn