cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

luckilucki10000
Joining in

Just taken me 5 hours on online chat to have my contract cancelled . I originally just wanted to reduce my package but the service I have received today has been abysmal so I decided to cancel instead. Been a loyal customer for nearly 30 years but can only offer broadband only for M250 for £45 but offers new customers M350 for £27 . Loyalty counts for nothing !!! Worked out I have given VM over £20k over the years . Shocking company 

11 REPLIES 11

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have actually now cancelled VM, set your marketing preferences to 'on' in MVM and see if you get a (not guaranteed) call from VM retentions with a better offer. In the meantime, check what your alternatives to VM are. That way you will have something to compare against if you do get a call back from VM.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're right - in purely commercial terms, "loyalty" can be code-word for "I'll stay regardless" so why should any company offer discounts? At the very least, you need to approach any re-contract conversation in a particular way.

By giving cancellation notice, then one of two things is happening..

1: You're serious about disconnecting, in which case make sure you have an alternative install lined up in plenty of time to make sure it's working before your VM services are cancelled.

2: You're playing an ideal negotiation tactic, in which case follow the advice in the post above. Retentions offers tend to be more generous for customers who have multiple services, but if they happen you need to accept them on the spot.

Only you know which applies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stublee
Up to speed

I only wanted BB when I negotiated my new deal with retentions but for some reason had to take a TV package as well to get the price of BB to the same as new customers get .... so weird ?  but was the same  last year as well !  I have had a 360 box for 18 months and now for another 18 months which will never be used as I have SKY for TV ..... no probs getting same deals as for new customers with them 🙂  I also got landline with weekend calls and volt sim offer as well . Stay firm and chances are you will get the BB deal you want

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @luckilucki10000

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the team today.

We would be happy to take another look for you to see what deals we have available. 

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have no intention of wasting another 5 hours on an online chat again. If you can offer me a better deal than what was offered then let’s see it 

Hi @luckilucki10000

Thanks for coming back to the thread

You'll need to either call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 and we can take a look at the account and make sure the best deal is offered.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I think you are missing the point I made - I spent hours on WhatsApp yesterday trying to sort this and I don't have another 5 spare hours to do this again . Dialling up on a phone line is a non starter too . How about I give you my mobile number and you call me ? 

We're an online only team, so no callbacks I'm afraid. We also do not do retentions deals via this platform, so I have advised the ways to contact us so we can assist you

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Won't work as I can't get past the automated request for my password which I set when I joined over 20 years ago