cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Evehammer90
Tuning in

Hi, 

I'm moving house and won't be needing my Virgin Broadband contract anymore. I have tried to cancel my contract with Virgin over phone now, but because of Corona it won't let me through all the way, but redirects me to the same web page that told me to call that number in the first place. 

There has to be a another way to do this?? Anyone had the same issue or know how to cancel?

I've been with Virgin for 4 years now. So not on a new contract. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

60 REPLIES 60

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mike, 

Thank you very much for this and for your help! I'll give it a go straight away 🙂 

Thanks, 

I have the same issue. I have sent message to phone number you provided. will se if this helps. thank you

Hey, 

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in this 🙂 Happy to let you know if I have any luck on my end! 

Hi all, it is happening the same to me, I need to cancel my broadband package but no luck.

Do you have any update on this? Did they reply to you?

Hi Yvette1364, 

It's really difficult, right? I understand it's a different time at the moment for everyone. But even without it, reading through peoples experiences with canceling their broadband etc, it seems to be quite difficult. 

I have not heard anything back yet. Happy to share when and if they do get back to me. 

Hi  Evehammer90,

Yes it's very hard, I was actually trying to cancel it 3 weeks ago and getting tired of not being replied, I keep paying one month after my contract ended.

Yesterday night I sent a message in the chat and a Bot got back to me saying that my query was addressed to the appropriate person and they were going to get back to me as soon as they can. Never happened.

Today I was about to send a text message to that number phone but tried to call the other number (0345 454 1111) above first at 13:00, waited 30 long minutes and they finally replied. They requested my details to cancel the contract, it will be applied in 1 month due to the 30 days notice, but the good thing is that in 20 minutes everything was solved! I guess, given the circumstances, they are not wasting your (and their) time to force you to stay with them.

1 hour later I received a notification via email to confirm that my broadband service was cancelled. Regarding the equipment to return, they told me by phone that I will be informed shortly (not sure if she said next month) about how to do it as they need to send the prepaid postal return pack, but now obviously it wouldn't be possible.

Good luck in this and hope this information is useful!
Let me know how it goes so that we can help other people 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can’t cancel via the text chat 

https://m.imgur.com/a/vYX08gS

Your best bet of cutting free from Virgin is by post. Send a letter with recorded delivery to : Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA Quote your account number and notice of the date you are cancelling from. 

Ive been trying to cancel myself for 3 weeks now and I’m beyond peed off. It should be a simple matter of “I no longer want this service please take it away and I will stop paying you.” Virgin Media have always made it as difficult to leave as possible it’s got nothing do do with the pandemic. I wish I’d never have signed up with VM. 

Hi I'm currently in Australia and stuck due to Covid 19 and It's impossible to stay on the line for hours and hours to get this sorted. Why is that you can't send them a text message to cancel this account ?