cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation within 14 days cooling off period

breed52
Tuning in

I cancelled my service within the 14 days cooling off period. I was told by the rentions team on chat on 2 occassions that i would have no charges. Today, i have received the opening bill with the excat charges i would have paid had i stayed with virgin. I have cancelled my dd so they cant take this. I am finding it nigh on impossible to contact, there is no email for virgin, on hold for hours on phone and chat times saying 4 hours wait. How do i get this bill cancelled please.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi breed52, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us even though you have decided to leave. 

When leaving within the cooling off period, even though you're not obliged to pay an early termination fee, you do need to pay for any services you have received as well as any activation or install costs. If you have received a full bill then it's likely there has been some crossover though. 

I'll be able to check on this for you however in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have replied to your PM with info asked for.

Regarding charges. I asked on chat with retentions team at time of cancellation about final bill. I was told that there would be no charges whatsoever, except for service used. This was reconfirmed in 2nd chat with retentions team.

Having just looked into my bill further, i can see some ridiculous charge for service removed/services added.

Your package has changed. You have been credited £16.00 for the services you removed on 21 December , and charged you £48.95 for the services you added at the same time. Those changes apply to the period charged on your last bill.

• Credits (for services removed) Cr £16.00

• If you remove a service, we need to adjust your services and credit you for any advance period you may have already paid for and not used. These items won't appear in 'Your package' or any future bill (unless you add them back on).
    • Television:
      • Virgin TV 360 Box 10 Jan - 20 Jan
    • Broadband:
      • M50 Fibre Broadband 10 Jan - 20 Jan
  • Charges (for services added) £48.95

Hi breed52, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm sorry that we were unable to give you the outcome you were hoping for today. As mentioned in my private message, should you wish to discuss this any further, please call the team on 0345 454 1111. 

Take care and good luck going forward. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

0345 454 1111

the number that puts you on hold for an hour then cuts you off !!!!!!!!!!