cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of contract within 14 Days(Shocking service)

SusanH1952
Joining in

Hi,

I was hoping I could obtain some advice from the wider community.

I am trying to cancel a contract which was mis-sold on the 5th January - today is the last today of the 14 day cooling off period. I called the Customer Service number only to come up against a call centre whose job is to get you off the phone quick enough(even if it means putting the phone down on you when trying to pass you through different departments). I tried to call a week ago, I was advised that a supervisor/manager would call back but failed to do so.

I've had to call the ridiculously incompetent call centre 5 times today, they put the phone down three times when trying to pass me through to the cancellation department - I have never experienced customer service like this. I am on Whatapp only to be told they are experiencing an error... I am taking this further as the contract provided via email includes incorrect information(the wrong price & details)...  The plan is definitely to hold off as long as possible so I am outside of the 14 day cooling off period, this all helps when lodging a complaint, in the meantime we need advice...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SusanH1952

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel and that you have been unable to do this over the phone.

I will send you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SusanH1952

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel and that you have been unable to do this over the phone.

I will send you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Let us know if this isn't promptly sorted out, and we can explain how to take matters further.  Complaints about VM's disgraceful, incompetent, and non-compliant cancellations process are routine in this forum.

Thank you for your advice..

My son had to take over as I cannot bring myself to deal with them, it's to much! We thought we were getting somewhere when he was directed through to the Plymouth cancellation team(Christian to be exact)... He cancelled my contract, sent me a new contract with increased price which I strictly did not agree... He then promised to call my son back(or "another colleague") on Monday at 6pm to which they failed to do! It's so embarrassing and I don't know where to turn!

I am now on an inflated contract which I cannot afford and it's very stressful.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SusanH1952

Thanks for your response

Sorry to hear about this, I can see you're currently in a private message with my colleague whom will look to have this sorted for you via your inbox 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs